Windows 10: How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line?

Discus and support How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I configure a Virtual Machine, I run a script that I have created that sets all sorts of settings within Windows to my personal preferences. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hsehestedt, Jun 12, 2020.

1. How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line?

When I configure a Virtual Machine, I run a script that I have created that sets all sorts of settings within Windows to my personal preferences.

By default, Windows configures itself to go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity. I like to disable this by setting the timeout to zero. Is anyone familiar with a way of doing this from the command line or through a registry setting? The goal here is for me to be able to add this to my script.

:)

hsehestedt, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line? :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jun 12, 2020
  4. How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line?

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

Unable to change windows 10 timeout

I have tried all options suggested like;

• changing lock setting in Persoanlize-lock screen-screen save settings- change wait value (doesnt hold value, whatever I set comes back to 2).
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Sleep-Sytem unattended sleep timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • Changed registry to enable Power Options-Display-Console lock display off timeout , changed it to 60 min
    • System file checker tool didnt find any correct/missing files "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us"
    None of the options work, after 2 minutes my computer locks. Is there any way out of this nightmare or should I switch to older windows?

B Prakash 0626, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line?

1. How can I change the default sleep timeout from command line? - Similar Threads - change default sleep

2. Changing Timezone from command line

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Changing Timezone from command line: It would be the case that you would need to change the time zone on the server but from the Time & Date option, it would be greyed out due to policy. There is a workaround for changing the timezone using the Command Prompt as Administrator. Type tzutil /g to get the current...
  3. Changing Timezone from command line

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Changing Timezone from command line: It would be the case that you would need to change the time zone on the server but from the Time & Date option, it would be greyed out due to policy. There is a workaround for changing the timezone using the Command Prompt as Administrator. Type tzutil /g to get the current...
  4. WIN11 - Can I change my preferred language with command line?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN11 - Can I change my preferred language with command line?: I'm looking for a way to install/set the preferred language of a Windows11 system. Currently the Windows Display language is English united states en-US but the preferred language is set to dutch belgium. This setting has the consequence that for example my windows defender...
  5. How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]One of the most annoying features in Windows 10 for desktop computers is the […] This article How to change Sleep Timeout using PowerCFG command line in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to change lockscreen picture by command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change lockscreen picture by command line?: Hi All is there any way to change lockscreen picture via command line or powershell scripts? Thanks for any replies. 153063
  7. Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Run Explorer.exe from Command line as Administrator?: Hello All.. I wanted to delete certain unused files regarding a program from Windows explorer. I decided to run explorer from command line as an Administrator. So what I intend doing is searching for Cmd from Windows 10 taskbar right click, running it as an administrator...
  8. How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change mouse pointer schemes from the command line?: The default mouse pointer scheme is just to darn small in Windows 10, at least on my Dell Inspiron. So I change it via the control panel, but some games won't work when the scheme is changed, so I'd like to be able to switch back and forth from the command line and create a...
  9. setting default apps from command line?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting default apps from command line?: in win7, after installation and setting the correct file associations, the correct program would start upon double clicking in win10 however, it popups wanting you to set a ?default app?. ive seen this happen for klite codec pack, firefox, utorrent i do unattended...
  10. Sleep and hibernate command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and hibernate command line: How to do them without breaking something? Sleep in my computers are hybrid (desktop) and not hybrid (laptop). Quick boot is off. 94012