Windows 10: How can I change the display language in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I change the display language in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried all the methods that I could find online and none were helpful. There is no language setting in the control panel and there is no "Set as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alaaOmar2, Jul 25, 2019.

1. alaaOmar2 Win User

How can I change the display language in Windows 10?

I've tried all the methods that I could find online and none were helpful. There is no language setting in the control panel and there is no "Set as my default language" button. So how can I change the display language?

:)

alaaOmar2, Jul 25, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 25, 2019
  4. How can I change the display language in Windows 10?

change language display on windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for your interest on Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Japanese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Japanese language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

How can I change the display language in Windows 10?

1. How can I change the display language in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change display language

2. Change Windows 10 Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows 10 Display Language: When I first opened my computer after buying it, it asked me to pick a language. I accidently clicked on Portuguese, and now my entire computer is in Portuguese, which I don't speak very well. I read the tutorials and tried to change the display language to English via...
  3. HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE

HOW CAN I CHANGE WINDOWS LANGUAGE: THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-windows-language/ed6f9857-50ce-4b3a-ba2e-367391406149
  4. How to change display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language: My PC broke a month ago and I took it to someone my family knew to fix it. Yesterday I got it back, working greatly but with one problem, they installed windows in portuguese, as it’s my native language. But I never use my PC in PTBR for more clarity when troubleshooting and...
  5. How to change display language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language?: When I try to change it, it says "your windows license only supports one language". I get that, I just want to change that one language. I dont need a multilingual system, I just want to change it from my native language (Dutch) to English. Is there a workaround to this? It's...
  6. How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English

How can I change my windows 10 display language Chinese to English: Hi everyone, I have installed the WIN 10 pro chinese version, but I wanted to use the whole system by using the English language, kindly advise how to change the language setting, thank you for your attention....
  7. Changing Windows 10 Display Language

Changing Windows 10 Display Language: I am able to download language packs but there is no option as setting them as default language. I searched help online but it didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-windows-10-display-language/95ecb1e5-01b8-4f8f-81e4-562d36ca65ef
  8. I can not change display language

I can not change display language: Hi, I'm trying to change my windows 10 language from French to English but i didn't find how, on my language settings i can't download/install display language packs, all i can do is installing/downloading speech (voix), handwritting, basic typing, i also tried to download...
  9. Change Display Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Display Language in Windows 10: How to: Change Display Language in Windows 10 How to Change Display Language in Windows 10 The display language you select changes the default language used by all Windows features like Settings and File Explorer. See also: Manage the input and display language...
  10. Change Windows 10 Display Language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Windows 10 Display Language: I seem to remember changing the display language in Windows 8 (or 8.1, I forget) but I no longer seem to be able to in after upgrading today to Windows 10. (Want to change display language to English) Versions: Windows 8 Home, Windows 10 Home If I go into settings and...