Windows 10: How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices?

Discus and support How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; They seem to be allocated after all HDDs have been set but can not be altered to something more useful eg. "X" and /or "Y" is this because they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JimBin987, Apr 5, 2019.

1. JimBin987 Win User

How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices?

They seem to be allocated after all HDDs have been set but can not be altered to something more useful eg. "X" and /or "Y" is this because they are 'temporary' ie. not being used unless a CD is loaded?

:)

JimBin987, Apr 5, 2019

2. BluRay/DVD drive for laptop

Note that my drive is a DVD/Bluray drive, not a DVD drive. I had a DVD drive before and it worked fine. It's first when I went with a Bluray drive is went wrong. Do you know if your solution takes Bluray into account?

RalfMånsson, Apr 5, 2019
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices?

Cannot change drive letter

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter key.
    • Now right click on the drive and select Change drive letter or path.
    • Select the drive and click on Change.
    • Now select the drive letter and click on OK.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices?

1. How can I change the drive letters for DVD / Bluray devices? - Similar Threads - change drive letters

2. SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES: Hi, This is more like an instructions post rather than a question. I've seen a lot of people having problems with this and i face one myself.On short, most people have a "virtual" CD drive in their pc because of Xbox. Even if you dont have a CD ROM in you pc, if you have...
  3. SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOLVED: CAN'T CHANGE DISK LETTER FOR CD/DVD DRIVES: Hi, This is more like an instructions post rather than a question. I've seen a lot of people having problems with this and i face one myself.On short, most people have a "virtual" CD drive in their pc because of Xbox. Even if you dont have a CD ROM in you pc, if you have...
  4. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  5. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD/Bluray burning issues: Using Windows 10 Pro, ver 21H2. I have an LG WH14NS40 DVD/Bluray drive/burner that I've been using for about 6 years, before upgrading to W10. Even after upgrading, it worked as it's supposed to just fine, until the last 2 or 3 updates ... not sure what version last worked!...
  6. DVD/Bluray burning issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DVD drive letter not showing

DVD drive letter not showing: DVD drive letter not showing in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-letter-not-showing/46115d53-baad-49ba-904f-b73fb669a6f7
  8. Can I change the drive letter on my Users drive?

Can I change the drive letter on my Users drive?: My PC has Windows on drive C and the Users folder on drive E, which I achieved using an answer file during installation. I'm thinking of swapping some drives in and out of the system without reinstalling Windows and I'd like the result to be that the Users folder changes to...
  9. Can I change the drive letter on my Users drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I change the drive letter on my Users drive?: My PC has Windows on drive C and the Users folder on drive E, which I achieved using an answer file during installation. I'm thinking of swapping some drives in and out of the system without reinstalling Windows and I'd like the result to be that the Users folder changes to...
  10. How to change drive letter of mirror drive

How to change drive letter of mirror drive: I have just set up a mirror drive(software RAID1) and want to change the drive letter. I am getting a message "The parameter is incorrect". I am wondering if I am stuck with the one assigned when the mirror drive was set up. 27607