Windows 10: How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help is appreciated! :) submitted by /u/MrCannaHub [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrCannaHub, Mar 15, 2021.

1. How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10?

/u/MrCannaHub, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 15, 2021
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Chief400 Win User

How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10?

Desktop Icon Font Size Change

In Windows 10 do the following to change font SIZE of Desktop icon fonts. 1.) On the desktop, right click on the mouse button 2.) Choose "Display Settings" 3.) On this page In the center, on the bottom, click "Advance Display Settings" 4.) On this page you do not see the entire page and you must scroll down some to see the entire page. After you scroll down, on the far left of the screen (second from bottom) click "Advanced sizing of fonts and other items" 5.) This is where you can make font sizing changes. In the middle of the screen there is a gray box entitled "Title bars." Press the arrow down button within this box 6.) In the list that comes up, select "Icons" 7.) Now, the box reads "Icons." To the immediate right of this box is another box, which is the font "size" box. In the font size box, press the arrow down button and change the size from the default size of 9, to 10, 11, 12, etc (10 is good). 8.) To the immediate right of the font size box is a "Bold" check box. Put your cursor in this box and click your mouse button. It will add a check mark within the box. 9.) You have done it! Close all the boxes you have opened. Now you can read the lettering under the icons.*Cool

Chief400, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10?

1. How can I change the font colour/size of icons in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change font colour

2. How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10: Hello! Are you reading this guide from a 5 inches Windows tablet screen? Maybe from your 15 inches laptop? This guide is for anyone who wants to have better visual experience using their Windows 10 device. So, we will be guiding you through changing your resolution, fonts and...
  3. Changing The Colour of Fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing The Colour of Fonts: Hello. I want to know: where if possible do I look, in order to change the colour of my desktop font colour - not the font itself - from white to any other colour as I used to be able to do, on previous versions of Windows. Thank you....
  4. HOW TO CHANGE COLOUR OF FONT ?

HOW TO CHANGE COLOUR OF FONT ?: HOW CAN I CHANGE COLOUR OF MY FONT IN WINDOWS 10 ? IT IS BLACK BY DEFAULT , I WANT TO CHANGE THE COLOUR TO GREEN . HOW DO I DO ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-colour-of-font/c272b318-52f0-4d12-bf3d-966957bbd7b0
  5. Font size and colour

Font size and colour: I have looked at the suggested ways of changing the font size and grey shade but there is nothing to tell me how to make the grey darker. I am 79 years young and find it very difficult to read grey or light blue on white background. I do not want white on Black. Help please....
  6. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  7. How can I change the icon font colour?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the icon font colour?: I've just got a new background and its white which means I can't read the writing. Was wondering if I can change it. submitted by /u/foggyyyy0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exdgza/how_can_i_change_the_icon_font_colour/
  8. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  9. how can I change the font size in email windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I change the font size in email windows 10: need assistance to restore my email font size it suddenly changed to an almost unreadable size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-font-size-in-email-windows-10/e8877822-9b6f-45c5-ab35-4acfb2343905
  10. How to change ink colour and font size Office 10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to change ink colour and font size Office 10: I am using Windows 10 with Office10, and am trying to discover how to permanently to change the font size from eleven to 14 also to change the ink colour permanently to black rather than blue. I have looked in Settings but cannot see anything that will alter Office10, Can...