Windows 10: How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

Discus and support How can I change the icon label font on my desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CherylBreitbart, Feb 13, 2019.

1. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control?

:)

CherylBreitbart, Feb 13, 2019
  2. vyrians Win User

Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

Good day.

I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen.

I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However, this option also changes the appearance of fonts in the directories/filenames, which is not what I want.

E.g. Labels on the desktop with size 12 and bold. Fonts in folders: size 9 and UNbolded (default style).

Anyone have a solution for this?

vyrians, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 13, 2019
  4. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How to change the desktop icon font

hello JeffRoberts3

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

Go to Settings.

Choose Personalization.

Select Themes.

Under Themes, select Theme settings.

On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.

To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

Right-click on your desktop.

Click View.

Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.

Pedro Bruguera, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

1. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop? - Similar Threads - change icon label

2. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  3. Change font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font on desktop icons: For some reason the icon labels on my desktop now look more like Windows 7. It looks like double vision and hard to read. Any time I search for a remedy for this question the results are "if you want to change your display to look more like Windows 7" and you have Windows 10....
  4. change the font on my desktop icons

change the font on my desktop icons: how to change the font on my desktop icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-font-on-my-desktop-icons/fbba04a9-9683-466b-9e22-8542981ca846
  5. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  6. How can I change labels on taskbar icons?

How can I change labels on taskbar icons?: I am running several version of the same program. I would like to know if there is a way to label the icons in the taskbar so I can know which icon is associated with which version....
  7. how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?

how can i reset it desktop icons font to normal font?: my laptop desktop icons on windows 10 system suddenly became enlarged; how can i reset it normal font? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reset-it-desktop-icons-font-to-normal/b006bde7-dcc2-4d2f-bd32-c82e7cdb5860
  8. How to change the Desktop Icon Font

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the Desktop Icon Font: I recently got a huge Windows 10 update and now I can't change my desktop icon font. The menu option was actually removed from Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but there was a registry way to do it, that seems to no longer work [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\IconFont] -...
  9. Change Desktop Icon Fonts?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Desktop Icon Fonts?: Hello. It took a while but I finally was able to install Windows 10. My question now is, is there is a way to change the desktop icon fonts (name, size, bold, italic)? I right clicked on the desktop but couldn't find anything about fonts. 13682
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change labels on desktop

2. change labels on icons

3. change desktop icon label font

4. How to edit icon labels on desktop,
  5. how to change icon label fonts,
  6. change font for icon labels on desktop,
  7. desktop icon label font