Windows 10: How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?

Discus and support How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I set up my computer with a 4 digit pin. 2 weeks ago, a pop up said I needed to change my pin to 6 digits. How can I rest my pin to 4 digits?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan Banks, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Dan Banks Win User

How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?

I set up my computer with a 4 digit pin. 2 weeks ago, a pop up said I needed to change my pin to 6 digits. How can I rest my pin to 4 digits?

:)

Dan Banks, Feb 28, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

Set the minimum requirements to 4 digits or not configured. Create a new local account. See if you can assign a 4 digit PIN to the new local account. If you actually try @lx07's advice and remove the PIN from your account (not just try to change it), and create a new PIN and the new account only requires 4 digits, and you account requires 6 digits, then you know it is a problem with your account.

I just tried it on my Windows 10 Pro 17134.228. Changed the minimum PIN requirement to 6 digits. Changed my PIN from one 4 digit PIN to another 4 digit PIN. Then I actually removed the PIN, and when creating a new one, it required 6 digits. Then I changed the PIN requirements to not configured. Tried to change the PIN, it would only take a 6 digit PIN. But, when I removed the PIN from the account and created a new PIN, it allowed 4 digits again.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2021
  3. 550 won't unlock using 4 digit screen pin or 6 digit find my phone lock pin

Left Lumia 550 in PUB other day. Traced using Finf My Phone app and locked as precaution. Recovered phone sameday but unle to unlock using 6-digit code used or usual 4 digin pin. Suggestions please.

WilliamGladstone, Feb 28, 2021
  4. mikiep Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

fwiw
    10 enterprise here logs into a local account;
    over a year ago a message appeared at login, and I was using a 4 digit pin since day one of win10, that said something, forget exacts.. recommended changing pin to 6 digit so it could be encrypted for added protection.

mikiep, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits? - Similar Threads - change initial pin

2. Getting product key from digital order number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Getting product key from digital order number: Hi - I bought Windows 10 online a few months ago. The PC is now not booting but when I try to reinstall Windows 10 using USB installation media it asks for product key. I only have an order number. is there a way of transferring this number to a key? Thanks in advance....
  3. Receiving microsoft codes from "dark"? mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Receiving microsoft codes from "dark"? mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number: My pc has been stalked for a few years. Lately, I am receiving microsoft codes from mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number. Codes have four or seven digits. Is this from the "dark" web?...
  4. Receiving microsoft codes from "dark"? mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number

Receiving microsoft codes from "dark"? mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number: My pc has been stalked for a few years. Lately, I am receiving microsoft codes from mobile numbers, not from a 4-digit service number. Codes have four or seven digits. Is this from the "dark" web?...
  5. On Win10 - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to log into my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    On Win10 - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to log into my computer?: Hi, On my Win10 computer - How can I set a 4 digit passnumber to enable Only myself to log into my computer,please? So that Only I can use my computer,so that IF it gets stolen Nobody else can use it.... :) Many thanks.... :)...
  6. How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365: I have office365 and set up our workstations to authenticate with our office365 accounts for login. However we are forced to use a 6 digit pin "based on the organization's security requirements". I cannot find where in my o365 portal to change this. Any ideas? Thanks...
  7. 4 digit pin code not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    4 digit pin code not recognized: After an update on my computer my 4 number pin would not work. I was able to login in using my Microsoft account password but a black screen came up with message c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable. After pressing ok there is just a black screen...
  8. Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin: Hi, How do I set the minimum digit pin to 4 digits? Using Windows 10 Education x64. Best Regards 117544
  9. Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin: Hi, How do I set the minimum digit pin to 4 digits? Using Windows 10 Education x64. Best Regards 117544
  10. How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?

How can i make it so that my 4 digit pin doesn't work on my stolen windows computer?: So my computer was stolen by someone who used to be a part of my life and they know the 4 digit pin to my computer and i would like to make it so the person cannot use my computer until i can report it stolen or go get it back. Ive already changed my account password but for...