Windows 10: How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?

Discus and support How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I set up my computer with a 4 digit pin. 2 weeks ago, a pop up said I needed to change my pin to 6 digits. How can I rest my pin to 4 digits?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan Banks, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Dan Banks Win User

How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits?

I set up my computer with a 4 digit pin. 2 weeks ago, a pop up said I needed to change my pin to 6 digits. How can I rest my pin to 4 digits?

:)

Dan Banks, Feb 28, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

Set the minimum requirements to 4 digits or not configured. Create a new local account. See if you can assign a 4 digit PIN to the new local account. If you actually try @lx07's advice and remove the PIN from your account (not just try to change it), and create a new PIN and the new account only requires 4 digits, and you account requires 6 digits, then you know it is a problem with your account.

I just tried it on my Windows 10 Pro 17134.228. Changed the minimum PIN requirement to 6 digits. Changed my PIN from one 4 digit PIN to another 4 digit PIN. Then I actually removed the PIN, and when creating a new one, it required 6 digits. Then I changed the PIN requirements to not configured. Tried to change the PIN, it would only take a 6 digit PIN. But, when I removed the PIN from the account and created a new PIN, it allowed 4 digits again.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2021
  3. 550 won't unlock using 4 digit screen pin or 6 digit find my phone lock pin

Left Lumia 550 in PUB other day. Traced using Finf My Phone app and locked as precaution. Recovered phone sameday but unle to unlock using 6-digit code used or usual 4 digin pin. Suggestions please.

WilliamGladstone, Feb 28, 2021
  4. mikiep Win User

Windows 10 asking for minimum 6 digit pin

fwiw
    10 enterprise here logs into a local account;
    over a year ago a message appeared at login, and I was using a 4 digit pin since day one of win10, that said something, forget exacts.. recommended changing pin to 6 digit so it could be encrypted for added protection.

mikiep, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I change the initial pin number from 6 digits to 4 digits? - Similar Threads - change initial pin

2. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  3. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    6 digit pin when it should be 4: Hi there,Last night I added my school account to test some stuff, I then removed it as I had no need for it, I then logged on this afternoon to my regular account and when using my pin it said I had to change it, I then re-entered my regular to change it to it and it says it...
  4. 6 digit pin when it should be 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my password to a 4 digit pin?: So, Microsoft wouldn't let me use the 4 digit pin I used to use.So, when I booted up my laptop, I used to be able to just type in 4 numbers, and then it would log me in. Now, I can't do that, and I need letters, numbers, all that jazz. I want to be able to just type in 4...
  6. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  7. 4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop

4-digit online PIN vs. 6-digit PIN on Windows 11 laptop: Hi, I bought a new W11 laptop and the setup process required me to select a 6-digit PIN. I also create a new microsoft account to use Officr 365 and setup a password there, no PIN.When I am on another laptop and logon to that new account's OneDrive I see all my documents incl...
  8. 4 digit pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  9. 4 digit pin

4 digit pin: to login to my Microsoft account, I have to type in a pin but it's a 4-digit pin and i only have six-digit pins and the requirements of the pin have to be six, but I can only type to 4 before it says its incorrect. how do I fix this...
  10. Windows 4-digits PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 4-digits PIN: Hi,I couple of days ago, during my work assignment in another state, I lost my laptop Windows 10 on it.The laptop has a Windows 4-digits PIN when I use it last time, I remember that I put it on sleep.When I got back home, I run the Windows "Find My Device" tab and I found my...