Windows 10: How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?

Discus and support How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to move my iPhone backup off of my OS drive which iTunes selects by default. I've been trying the "mklink" method to create a link to another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stilltodo, Feb 13, 2020.

1. How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?

I need to move my iPhone backup off of my OS drive which iTunes selects by default. I've been trying the "mklink" method to create a link to another drive with no success. It doesn't seem to do anything once I type in the command followed by the current location and then the new one that I created.

Is there something I'm missing to this? Any other method to move, or otherwise tell iTunes NOT to backup on the C drive, but somewhere else instead?

submitted by /u/stilltodo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stilltodo, Feb 13, 2020

2. Change Backup Location

I'm trying to update my phone, but can't so far because my C drive doesn't have enough space for a backup. My computer is partitioned right now, so is there any way to change the backup location (i.e. to another drive)

Thanks

findwinston, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Changing Destination Drive for Backup in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type in Backup and Restore.
    • Under Backup or restore your files select set up backup.
    • Once the set up starts you'll get an option to choose the destination drive.
    • And then follow the onscreen instructions.

For additional information refer to the link below and check if this helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/backup-and-restore-in-windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?

Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive?

1. How can I change the location of my iPhone backup to another drive? - Similar Threads - change location iPhone

2. Can i load my pc backup to another pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i load my pc backup to another pc: Hello i want to learn if i backup my files to external hard drive with windows10 or windows7 backup tool can i load backups to different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-load-my-pc-backup-to-another-pc/050fb6c6-8637-4290-9c2e-ae43531b9217
  3. remove windows image backup to another location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove windows image backup to another location: Hello i have ASUS G731 GV .It has two drives.An ssd and an hdd.I have cretaed a windows image backup to hdd.I am thinking to copy paste to an extrenal usb stick.My question is if one will be accessible after tranferation.Can i restore it or...
  4. iphone backups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iphone backups: How can I change the location of my iphone backups from the c drive to the d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-backups/f2361f2e-3f13-4ec7-8cfe-c575acce5abe
  5. How do I backup my Iphone to my computer

How do I backup my Iphone to my computer: Finally synced my Iphne with my comouter, Now Iget message Computer is turned off. Not so. How do I set up backup of my Iphone to my Computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-my-iphone-to-my-computer/18ba245d-7388-451b-bfbd-da325ede1eb9
  6. Changing location of backup drive

Changing location of backup drive: I want to change the location of my backup drive. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-location-of-backup-drive/e5de0fde-4bed-4267-94ac-d25fb3c6c153
  7. i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i can not move the apps or change the location of downloaded app to another drive: hello I'm having a problem that every time I try to move my game from the C drive to any other drive it gives me an error and i tried everything to fix it and nothing worked I use windows 10 the last update [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. how can I backup data from my computer to another computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can I backup data from my computer to another computer?: I have a Toshiba satellite e45-b4200 with intel core i5 working on Windows 10. --- My laptop updated on the night of May 18, then when I started having issues which can be read here. Currently, I believe my computer is probably not working with Windows 10 than being a hard...
  9. Backup... to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup... to another drive: So I want to back up y picture automatically to another drive. Sort of like Raid, but just for 1 folder. I know I can just copy the folder each time I want to back it up but I was looking to see if there was an easy way to automate it without additional software. I do NOT...
  10. USB Backup drive location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Backup drive location: Windows 10 File manager confuses me. My Seagate 5TB external drive is in 2 places on the left column. First it is on the same outline level as This PC, One Drive, and Quick Access and just above Network. Expand This PC and it is also there as drive (E). Curious minds want to...