Windows 10: How can I change the name of my computer?

Discus and support How can I change the name of my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaneIsMe, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JaneIsMe Win User

How can I change the name of my computer?

I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. Please tell me how to change it to my real name.

:)

JaneIsMe, Sep 24, 2019

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 24, 2019
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile How can I change the name of my computer? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I change the name of my computer? - Similar Threads - change name computer

2. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my disk name: I download a game and it automatically changed the local disk e name and now I can not change it again. It also changed the logo Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-disk-name/c235f49f-dd73-46e6-ac12-f709d614245f
  3. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i change my disk name: I download a game and it automatically changed the local disk e name and now I can not change it again. It also changed the logo Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-disk-name/c235f49f-dd73-46e6-ac12-f709d614245f
  4. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  6. how can i change my user name ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  7. how can i change my user name ?

how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  8. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  9. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  10. My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...: I just purchased a new computer and set it up to find out it's name is Janet! MY NAME IS JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. :( Please...