Windows 10: How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

Discus and support How can I change the resolution for a specific program? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My default resolution is 1920x1260 but I have one program that runs best at 1260x1028. How can I set it up so the resolution changes when I run that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pchelp, Nov 29, 2016.

1. pchelp Win User

How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

My default resolution is 1920x1260 but I have one program that runs best at 1260x1028. How can I set it up so the resolution changes when I run that program then changes back when it ends?

:)

pchelp, Nov 29, 2016
  2. Setrah Win User

How can I change the language of a specific app from Windows Store?

Thanks. As requested,
    here is the link to my post made via the Feedback Hub

And thanks for letting me know that the Hub even exists, I didn't know about that feature before. If I'm able to get results as promptly as I get responses on this forum, it'll be a great resource for me.

Setrah, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Setrah Win User
    How can I change the language of a specific app from Windows Store?

Hi all,

I'm having a problem where Windows Store apps automatically choose their language based on their system language. My system is in Russian, and so apps I install are automatically using the Russian locale. Normally it's fine, but in case of certain apps the
    translation quality is such utter garbage that I would rather use the original English version. I cannot find how I switch one specific app to its original (English) language without completely changing my system language. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Setrah, Nov 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I don't think you can do that. You can select the program.exe file, go to the Properties / Compatibility tab and select "Disable DPI scaling on high dpi settings". You can also select "Run in 640x480 screen resolution" but that will be too large.

How can I change the resolution for a specific program? [​IMG]

Steve C, Nov 29, 2016
  5. pchelp Win User
    Thanks. I've tried both of those & they don't solve the problem. I guess I'll just have to live with it for now. The problem isn't technical but I was hoping for a technical solution. The problem's biological-my eyes can't see small details in images any more. (I can see text fine as long as it isn't too small-and text is usually easy to resize.) The technical solution is a bigger monitor-but I work on a laptop & 17" is pretty much as large as it gets, I think. If anybody knows of a laptop with a 20" screen I'd be pleased to hear about it. Thanks.

pchelp, Nov 29, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    If you are using laptop at home, you can ad a separate screen to it or even connect to TV set.

CountMike, Nov 30, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Sometimes there are problems with applications. I found iTunes is blurry on a 2560x1440 monitor at 125% zoom but it's OK if you disable dpi scaling. However, you then find that the Store apps don't display correctly and the information on the right hand side is truncated. This appears to be a common problem with Tunes users.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I change the resolution for a specific program? - Similar Threads - change resolution specific

2. How can i hide a specific program in the system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i hide a specific program in the system tray: Hi , so i want to hide a specific program in the system tray [ATTACH] can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-a-specific-program-in-the-system/f7f09999-9397-44e8-b1d0-792a49d3721b
  3. Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to have custom resolution on a specific program?: I have an application not from Microsoft store that always runs at a lower resolution than my actual monitor's resolution. There are no options to change this within the application, and I already run on the highest resolution windows will allow. Is there any way to force the...
  4. How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I turn down the resolution for a specific program.: I recently got a 4k monitor, and unfortunately this caused my already not powerful laptop to run my games (Valorant in this case) even slower than before. I'm wondering if there's a way to make my laptop run specifically Valorant in a lower resolution, but then keep...
  5. How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...

How to automatically change Nvidia settings screen resolution when a specific program is...: I've went through so many sites but didn't find any proper answer. I want to play csgo in 1024x768(4:3) but in borderless windowed mode. When I chose borderless window mode in csgo setting it doesn't let me change the resolution. I have to set window mode to fullscreen to...
  6. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  7. Changing the resolution of a program

Changing the resolution of a program: So is there any way to change the resolution of a program before startup? My monitor is 1360x768 and when I run the program it says out of range and alt+enter doesnt work. So can you tell me a solution or a program to help me? submitted by /u/TheMathKing55 [link]...
  8. To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program

To Specify Display Resolution for a specific program: I am running a software package that requires a much lower resolution and would only like to run just that program with that setting. How can I change the properties to open that way?...
  9. can I adjust display resolution for specific program

can I adjust display resolution for specific program: I generally use the recommended display resolution (1920 X 1080). However there is one program I have where that resolution is unsatisfactory. So I have to always change that resolution, and then change it back when I am done with that program. Is there any way to set...
  10. How can I change the resolution on a second display?

How can I change the resolution on a second display?: Hi, so I got a drawing tablet, and its full resolution is 1920x1080. However, when I went to change the resolution, there was only one option, 800x600. I have a Windows 10 and I've looked everywhere and can't figure out how to add a resolution option. Please help, it'd be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change resolution for one program

2. how can i change resolution in certain programs

3. change resolution for a program

4. how to change program resolution,
  5. windows 10 set screen resolution for certain program,
  6. screen resolution for specific application,
  7. change program resolution on windows 10,
  8. change program resolution,
  9. how to run a programme in 4:3 screen resolution,
  10. change resolution of screen for specific program,
  11. windows 10 change resolution for one program ,