Windows 10: How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

Discus and support How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched this question many times but I never find the answer I'm looking for, if you search something in the start menu on the web it'll open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IveMalfunctioned, Jan 22, 2021.

1. How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

I've searched this question many times but I never find the answer I'm looking for, if you search something in the start menu on the web it'll open Edge and Bing, I want it to use Firefox and DuckDuckGo. Surely there must be some sort of registry key I can modify to force it to use Firefox and DDG, where would it be? TiA

submitted by /u/IveMalfunctioned
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IveMalfunctioned, Jan 22, 2021
  2. turnip Win User

How to change the browser used for web results in Windows 10 Search

Thanks to @Fanatique for suggesting EdgeDeflector. After installing it, web results open in my default browser, Firefox Quantum. I also had to install the Bing to DuckDuckGo add-on which changes the search engine to DuckDuckGo.

turnip, Jan 22, 2021
  3. turnip Win User
    How to change the browser used for web results in Windows 10 Search

When I search for things in Windows 10, the (web) results open up in Microsoft Edge with the Bing search engine.

I want the results to open in my default browser, Firefox Quantum (61.0.1 (64-bit)), in my default search engine, DuckDuckGo.

What I have tried:

• extensions: either not compatible with Firefox Quantum or just didn't work
    • changing Firefox config value browser.search.redirectWindowsSearch to true
    • "uninstalling" Edge: because Microsoft don't give you a nice of way of doing this (at least with the latest feature update (version 1803)), I deleted the folder from the app directory. Now web search results are basically broken: it still tries to open Edge and it obviously fails.

Surely there is Registry edit that can save me from this.

turnip, Jan 22, 2021
  4. How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

Use Google instead of Bing with Windows 10 search

The start search in Windows 10 uses the default search engine defined in the Microsoft Edge browser. By default, of course, this is Bing.

to change to DuckDuckGo:

• Launch the Microsoft Edge browser
    • Go to DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified.
    • Click the ... icon at the top right
    • Click Settings
    • Scroll down and click "View advanced settings"
    • Under "Search in the address bar with" select "Add New"
    • Select "DuckDuckGo" and click "Add as default"

Confirm that it's all working by doing a search in the Edge browser and making sure the results go to DuckDuckGo.

The Start Search should now start using the same. Note you might have to restart your machine for the Start Search to realise the change.

David Moylan, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo

1. How can I change the start menu web search from Edge and Bing to Firefox and DuckDuckGo - Similar Threads - change start menu

2. How to remove web results from Start Menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove web results from Start Menu search?: Hi,How can I remove web search results when using the search field in Windows 10 to look for files on my PC?No need to create these extra carbon emissions from the unwanted search results - and no need to feed Bing with my data for free...I have seen a few suggestions on how...
  3. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  4. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  5. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. change start menu search from bing to google

in Cortana
    change start menu search from bing to google: when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen. I don't like bing and it gives...
  7. How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 has separated Cortana and Windows Search. The search looks a lot better, but it still shows Bing web search results in the results. Usually when using Windows 10 computer, many don’t like this. In this post, we [...] This post How to disable...
  8. How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?: Since the last version of Windows 10, 1809, Microsoft enabled the Bing search as default in the start menu. I want my start menu to search only locally, not online. How can I disable it?...
  9. Edge search Change from Bing to Google

in Browsers and Email
    Edge search Change from Bing to Google: Changing search in settings ADVANCED when you click on the add new all lines are greyed out .What to do ,or what causes that?I DO Not like Bing 18806
  10. can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo: can i change the search engine on edge from bing to yahoo and how do i do it ? 25583

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open edge with duckduckgo not bing