Windows 10: How can I change the user's name?

Discus and support How can I change the user's name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the user's mane on my laptop? From the initial installation it simply inserted my email and I simply can't find the way to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cristio0604, Oct 13, 2018.

1. How can I change the user's name?

How can I change the user's mane on my laptop? From the initial installation it simply inserted my email and I simply can't find the way to change the name what appears when I open my laptop.

:)

cristio0604, Oct 13, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Oct 13, 2018
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 13, 2018
  4. How can I change the user's name?

Change the user name in Windows 10

Hi Rick,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are both the accounts are admin account?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: To determine the user account type:

• Login to any account.

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Your user account will show and below that it will show your local account or admin account.

• Once you know about the account type.

• You can go to user account and change the name.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the user name and click on apply and then ok and one more time click on ok on the main screen.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

How can I change the user's name?

1. How can I change the user's name? - Similar Threads - change user's name

2. how can i change my user name ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  3. how can i change my user name ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change my user name ?: How can i change this Name ? whenever i logged in by Microsoft Acccount, user name showing "saifm".i want to keep only "Saif" not "saifm". i want to keep this change permanently. Like, whenever I log in, my username should show "Saif"...
  4. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  5. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change C:\User name?: I would like to remove the user name added since my last hard drive crash. I have installed new HD and installed win10pro. Since then I have two Users, Public and tantr? I want to change the tantr account back to my original account and computer name?...
  6. How can I change C:\User name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can i change that user name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change that user name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/paavozi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsduav/how_can_i_change_that_user_name/
  8. How can I change the C:\\Users\ name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the C:\\Users\ name?: I'm using a Microsoft account to log in and have tried at least 2 methods to change the C:\\Users\ path name. None of them worked. One of the methods involved creating a new local account, signing out of the Microsoft one, and renaming the folder in This PC > Users, but...
  9. How Can I Change User Account Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change User Account Name: My computer was sent in for repair. Part of the solution was to completely reinstall Windows 10 (Home). The default administrator account was named User. I would like to change this to my name. How do I do this?...
  10. How can I change the name of my User folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change the name of my User folder?: Usually, Windows gives me an option to name my account. In 10, it just uses a shortened name of my Microsoft Account username/email address. Is there a way to change it without messing up my system? Thanks. I did use the netplwiz run command to change the account name, but...