Windows 10: How can I change the VLAN id my device is using?

Discus and support How can I change the VLAN id my device is using? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to set up a tagged vlan (vlan id = 100) with 2 notebooks and a TP-LINK TL-SG105E switch connecting them. The first notebook (Dell) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Azazel9088, Mar 6, 2019.

1. How can I change the VLAN id my device is using?

I'm trying to set up a tagged vlan (vlan id = 100) with 2 notebooks and a TP-LINK TL-SG105E switch connecting them. The first notebook (Dell) is running windows 7 and has Realtek ethernet adapter, therefore it was easy to tell it to use VLAN ID 100 in the Realtek ethernet diagnostic utility. But the other notebook (Lenovo x230) running windows 10 has an Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet adapter and has no option to set VLAN ID at all. Not even with Intel PROSet adapter configuration utlility. I've tried to set the vlan id in powershell on the lenovo device with "set-netadapter -name "adaptername" -vlanid 100" but it requested operation not supported on the adapter. I set the ip addresses of the two devices and the switch to the same subnet. Still nothing.

Also set up the vlan in the switch before doing anything else. Created vlan with id 100 and set all the ports (not using the switch to anything else so it can use all the port for this job) as tagged to this new vlan 100. Also set PVID for all the ports to 100 (tried without it first but didn't work either).

Both devices can ping the switch on it's ip address but the can't ping each other at all (Destination host unreachable). All my drivers are up to date.

Do you have any suggestions?

:)

Azazel9088, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Sl1der Win User

Windows 10 Update - VLAN Problem Realtek RTL8168

If add second VLAN first VLAN become ID 0. It is bug, but I put ID manually in realtek tool or device manager. Now work 4 VLAN.

Sl1der, Mar 6, 2019
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Puspak_nk Win User

How can I change the VLAN id my device is using?

Puspak_nk, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

How can I change the VLAN id my device is using?

1. How can I change the VLAN id my device is using? - Similar Threads - change VLAN device

2. Windows VLAN chaos: How do I stop Windows combining untagged and phone vlans?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VLAN chaos: How do I stop Windows combining untagged and phone vlans?: After a lengthly debug session, I discovered that our Windows10/Windows11 machines receive packets from our phone VLAN, strip the VLAN tags off the phone VLAN packets, and then forward the packets on, making the packets indistinguishable from packets on our regular untagged...
  3. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  4. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  5. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. What is VLAN? Why do we use VLANs?

in Windows 10 News
    What is VLAN? Why do we use VLANs?: [IMG]You may or may not have heard of VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network). It is something that is primarily used in large businesses around the world. If you are interested in opening a business that requires VLANs, you will need to learn more about it. Not only that, if you...
  7. Change Device id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Device id: Dear all, Please help as 1 of the game account has been suspended and is base on my device ID. How can i change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-device-id/ee11e618-175a-41b3-9aba-981dccc809e1
  8. Windows Device ID Changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Device ID Changed: Hello, Recently i was having battery drain issue with my Laptop. I went to the service center for resolution,after couple of days of inspection and windows re-installation the service center guys handed me my laptop back. It is working fine now,but my Device ID was...
  9. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?: I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo service centre. There they said that battery was all good, but the problem was with operating system. At the time i gave in my...
  10. how can i change hardware id?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i change hardware id?: is there anyway that i can change my hardware ip instead of buying a new spec for my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-hardware-id/643e2a04-2f42-4c0e-94af-266b9dece67b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change vlan windows 10

2. windows 10 set vlan id

3. windows 10 change vlan

4. change vlan id windows 10,
  5. how to change vlan,
  6. win 10 change vlan,
  7. intel_i218lm change vlan id,
  8. can i set vlan on windows 10,
  9. change vlan id on windows 10,
  10. change vlan put pc windows 10 ,
  11. windows set vlan id,