Windows 10: How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

Discus and support How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to turn the volume of an application up without turning the volume of the sound device up, but whenever the volume of the application goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SimonZ2, Apr 24, 2020.

1. SimonZ2 Win User

How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

I was trying to turn the volume of an application up without turning the volume of the sound device up, but whenever the volume of the application goes above the sound device the sound device goes up as well. Is there a way I could prevent this from happening?

:)

SimonZ2, Apr 24, 2020

2. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Volume

Hi,

An outdated sound card driver may be causing this issue with your volume settings. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions:

• Aside from the Windows Update, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried restarting your computer after the Update?

Meanwhile, you may temporarily adjust your computer volume by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Volume and hit Enter.
    • You can then choose whether to adjust your Speakers,
      System
      Sounds, or browser volume.

Moreover, we recommend updating your device drivers by following these steps:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and hit
      Enter.
    • Expand the Sound, video and game controllers'
      category to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Furthermore, we suggest running the audio troubleshooter to find and resolve audio problems automatically.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Sam_837 Win User

How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

How to turn down ringer volume without changing speaker volume

I just realized I may not have been clear in my original question.

I see the phone as having two separate physical devices for emitting sound:

1.) A speaker designed for emitting sound when the phone is held to the ear. This device is physically located on the face of the phone near the top.

2.) A loud speaker designed for broadcasting sound. This speaker is located on the back of the phone near the bottom.

My question, clarified, is "How do I control these two devices independently regardless of application or call state?"

I can understand how it might be useful to control volume on a per-app basis, but I think the priority has to be to control EACH DEVICE (I.E. SPEAKER) so that sound is consistent.

Here is a simple test you can do to understand this problem. This test works with 920 and 1520 that I know of, possibly others:

1.) Push the middle button on the phone to show the default screen.

2.) Push and hold the down volume until the level is 1 (we are setting the ringer i.e. broadcast volume here).

3.) Tap the phone icon and select a voicemail. Hold the phone to your ear. Can you hear the voicemail? On my phone I cannot, the volume was turned down when I changed the ringer volume in step 2.

4.) While the voicemail is still playing, hold the up volume until you can hear it. You are controlling the volume of sound coming from the ear speaker, right? No, you are not. Proceed to step 5.

5.) Push the middle button of the phone to put it in stand by. Call your phone from another phone and note the level of sound coming from the broadcast speaker. In step two you changed the volume level to 1. Is it still at 1? On my phone it is not.

This is a very frustrating flaw in this phone!! I go through this ritual 20 times a day, I did it while I was composing this post! I work in a quiet office and I need to keep the ringer volume low, but when I turn it down I cannot hear from the ear speaker.
    Invariably I forget to turn the volume down again after my call and when the phone rings it disturbs the whole office.

Sam_837, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of... - Similar Threads - change volume sound

2. Notifications turn down volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications turn down volume: I am in the process of breaking in a new laptop. When I have a call or streaming music and receive a notification from Teams, the volume turns down tremendously for ~10 seconds. I've gone into Sounds-Communications and specified 'Do Nothing' when Windows detects...
  3. Volume of sound going down on itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume of sound going down on itself: As soon as I start playing a sound, the volume slowly goes down to about 5%. When I toggle "Mute" the sound comes back on for about 1 second and goes down again. I have tried all the solutions that I could find on the web, but no luck yet. I have tried all 7 options as...
  4. How can I turn down the microphone's volume totally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn down the microphone's volume totally: Without disabling it. I've tried turning down the volume to 0 in the control panel but i keep hearing it submitted by /u/g00d-life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxw5mc/how_can_i_turn_down_the_microphones_volume_totally/
  5. space bar turns down volume

space bar turns down volume: Hello, whenever i press the spacebar, it turns off volume. I dont know how to fix it. Please write back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/space-bar-turns-down-volume/002ff751-47e3-4bd1-9636-49677bc6a36e
  6. Volume turns down on startup

Volume turns down on startup: I've been having an issue for a while now where applications are having their volume levels decreased every time I shut my computer down and start it back up. From things like window's System Sounds to applications like Discord, at times when I open the volume mixer these...
  7. Volume turning itself up and down

Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  8. my spacebar turns down the volume?

my spacebar turns down the volume?: hi,my name is mohammed i got a really weird problem in my spacebar, it turns down the volume,so when i press the spacebar the volume gets down. can anyone help me because it is getting annoying. thank you...
  9. volume keeps turning down by itself

volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...
  10. Space bar turning down volume

Space bar turning down volume: Hi, i don't know what could have happened, but from yesterday (2018 9.4) my space bar started lowering the volume whenever i press space, and whenever i press shift it acts like backspace. I haven't got a new keyboard or anything. And it became quite annyoying. I may have...