Windows 10: How can I change theme

Discus and support How can I change theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way that i can add other themes from the web and make them default theme... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Abudora, May 29, 2020.

1. Abudora Win User

How can I change theme

Is there any way that i can add other themes from the web and make them default theme

:)

Abudora, May 29, 2020

2. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2020
  3. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, May 29, 2020
  4. How can I change theme

Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How can I change theme

1. How can I change theme - Similar Threads - change theme

2. I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?: so i decide to change my wallpaper theme, so i apply a theme but the problem is that my background wallpaper would change but my lockscreen wallpaper wouldn't change as the theme and i am having trouble of trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper the same as the theme, if i...
  3. I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?: so i decide to change my wallpaper theme, so i apply a theme but the problem is that my background wallpaper would change but my lockscreen wallpaper wouldn't change as the theme and i am having trouble of trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper the same as the theme, if i...
  4. Is there any way to make Windows 11 change themes periodically?

Is there any way to make Windows 11 change themes periodically?: For example, in the morning, Windows greets me with a lighter theme, and by the evening it switches to a darker theme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-make-windows-11-change-themes/58fb8a3e-de51-4f16-b407-36db6517641f
  5. Is there any way to make Windows 11 change themes periodically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to make Windows 11 change themes periodically?: For example, in the morning, Windows greets me with a lighter theme, and by the evening it switches to a darker theme. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-any-way-to-make-windows-11-change-themes/58fb8a3e-de51-4f16-b407-36db6517641f
  6. Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart: I set the theme to Windows dark and when I restart my laptop, the default app mode switches to light but my default Windows mode remains dark. I have disabled the sync feature. My laptop is a MSI Modern 14 C7M....
  7. Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart

Windows 11 Theme keeps changing upon restart: I set the theme to Windows dark and when I restart my laptop, the default app mode switches to light but my default Windows mode remains dark. I have disabled the sync feature. My laptop is a MSI Modern 14 C7M....
  8. How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?: How to create a shortcut to change theme on windows 11, I have seen some online to change light to dark mode but it does not change the taskbar so on but changing the theme does....
  9. How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?

How to change system theme shortcut hotkey?: How to create a shortcut to change theme on windows 11, I have seen some online to change light to dark mode but it does not change the taskbar so on but changing the theme does....
  10. Change the THEME of Windows 11 spotlight.

Change the THEME of Windows 11 spotlight.: How do I change the THEME of the Windows 11 Spotlight rather than change to using photos from my computer?I want to see pictures of space, ie: Galaxies, stars etc., not pictures of wildlife, cities, landscapes etc... on Spotlight....