Windows 10: How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

Discus and support How Can I Change User Account Folder Name? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I hate the name Windows choice for the folder, the path reads C:\Users\Name_ I substituted Name for the actual folder name....Windows decided to name... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TGHJr, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TGHJr Win User

How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

I hate the name Windows choice for the folder, the path reads C:\Users\Name_

I substituted Name for the actual folder name....Windows decided to name the folder Name_ and I hate it, can I change it and how can I?

:)

TGHJr, Jan 31, 2019
  2. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Jan 31, 2019
  3. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 31, 2019
  4. How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

How Can I Change User Account Folder Name?

1. How Can I Change User Account Folder Name? - Similar Threads - Change User Account

2. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  3. How to change the user folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the user folder name?: My user folder name is showing as sachi but I want it to be SachiniF. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-folder-name/aa183848-8841-4a30-b22d-f185facc8cd5
  4. How can i change that user name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change that user name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/paavozi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lsduav/how_can_i_change_that_user_name/
  5. Can I change name of user folder,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change name of user folder,: When I installed windows I didn't want to create a microsoft account so instead I made one with my phone number, my User flmder is now just a bunch of numbers, I changed my username, that didn't change the folders name tho, can it be changed? submitted by /u/BLiIxy [link]...
  6. How to change User folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change User folder name: Hi there. I made a stupid mistake when installing windows for the first time and i signed in with my email. Now my user folder name are the first letters of my email...Its a stupid name and due to limited characters its not even full. So, is there a way to change the name....
  7. How Can I Change User Account Name

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Can I Change User Account Name: My computer was sent in for repair. Part of the solution was to completely reinstall Windows 10 (Home). The default administrator account was named User. I would like to change this to my name. How do I do this?...
  8. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...
  9. How can I change the name of my User folder?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change the name of my User folder?: Usually, Windows gives me an option to name my account. In 10, it just uses a shortened name of my Microsoft Account username/email address. Is there a way to change it without messing up my system? Thanks. I did use the netplwiz run command to change the account name, but...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...