Windows 10: How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION.

Discus and support How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Community, I NEED YOUR HELP. I have been trying to figure this out for the last few days and nothing is working. You know when you plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jay SmithFTW, Oct 4, 2019.

1. How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION.

Microsoft Community, I NEED YOUR HELP.

I have been trying to figure this out for the last few days and nothing is working.

You know when you plug in a audio device and a popup shows up asking ''What do you want to do with this device?'' Well, thinking that I would be able to easily change this in the future, I selected headphones and not headset or microphone and then I hit ''do not show this again'' and now I cannot change what kind of device it is. When I go into the sound settings the headphones aren't even separate from the speakers. It shows up as ''Speakers/Headphones'' (http://prntscr.com/pezg6h) the only microphone that is working is the built in one that is inside the laptop but that isn't suitable for me.

I have already tried looking in the disconnected devices, I have already tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them all that does is separate the speakers and headphones for a few minutes but then it merges it back together as Speakers/Headphones leaving me back at the drawing board. I am out of options, I do not know what to do or how to change what the device is. I have been trying for the last 2 days and even looked at some similar post but none seems to work for me. And yes, I even uninstalled the hidden drivers but still, nothing.

Is there any way that I can change what device the headphones are?

:)

Jay SmithFTW, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2019
  3. annie Win User
    How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Oct 4, 2019
  4. How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION.

1. How can I change what a device is? READ FOR EXPLANATION. - Similar Threads - change device READ

2. What is the OFFICIAL explanation for folder permissions ALWAYS showing as "read-only"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the OFFICIAL explanation for folder permissions ALWAYS showing as "read-only"?: After bouncing around to old posts, this is what I have gathered: The read-only attribute is only to tell Explorer to look for the desktop.ini file, OR it's just a switch and it's displaying the default checked status, but NOT reflective of the actual folder contents,...
  3. How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the icons for the devices in the Network?: I am familiar with changing folder and file icons. However, I can't find a way to change the icons that are seen when viewing the Network window. For example, I have a network storage device WDMyCloud. I have three of my PC's running Windows 10 Home showing the correct...
  4. How on earth can I read .dump files? What are they? How do they work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How on earth can I read .dump files? What are they? How do they work?: I have bought an NFC reader/writer and i want to read what’s on my NFC tag. The program reads the tag fine and dumps it in a .dump file. But it’s filled with weird symbols. How can I read a .dump file? submitted by /u/Paul0416 [link] [comments]...
  5. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: Hello Microsoft! Yesterday my younger brother used my Surface Book and in the "Notebook" section of Cortana changed what Cortana called me it was user earlier, I never touched Cortana's settings. As he has done so now, can I change it? I have searched YouTube and have not...
  6. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: I know a bunch of people have asked this, but unfortunately none of the articles I've read have helped. I somehow do not have the "About Me" section of the Cortana menu, and that seems to stop me from changing what she calls me? It makes me very uncomfortable....
  7. Explanation please: Cast To Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explanation please: Cast To Device: I have never used Cast To Device but this morning I planned to use it. If I hit a jpg file, and right click - go look at "cast to device" please tell me why I am seeing my own TV - which is a good thing but I also see the lady upstairs both of her Roku devices. How can my...
  8. Create recovery drive fails without any explanation. What can I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create recovery drive fails without any explanation. What can I do?: W10 system, fully up to date. Mounted empty 32GB USB drive to become recovery drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-recovery-drive-fails-without-any/b8bb5e1b-6e4d-40e7-adbd-49486f1b52db
  9. my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?: my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/my-file-is-not-readable-how-do-i-change-it-so-i/da93c09e-466e-427a-bf5d-b811c82224bb
  10. How can I find out what these "other" devices are?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I find out what these "other" devices are?: I gave up on trying to do a clean install, so I just deleted every single program in control panel. All of my drivers were either automatically updated or I was able to update them myself. These three are listed as unknown. The drivers won't update. I ran the Intel...