Windows 10: How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

Discus and support How can I change what it shows on my Desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got a new icon pack and changed the icons on my folders. The folders present under D:\Desktop\Public Desktop are what I changed. It shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/I_Am_Unpredictable, Aug 14, 2020.

1. How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

I got a new icon pack and changed the icons on my folders. The folders present under D:\Desktop\Public Desktop are what I changed.

It shows the directory of D:/ as the desktop. How can I change this to show the previous directory?

submitted by /u/I_Am_Unpredictable
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/I_Am_Unpredictable, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 14, 2020
  3. how to change enalrged desktop icons on Windows 10.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand the monitor shows enlarged
    desktop icons on the computer.

Before assisting further, did you try changing the icon size on the desktop?

You may be facing the above changes on your desktop due to the altered icon view settings. I suggest you to check if you are able to change the icon size by following the steps below:

• Right click on the desktop hover the mouse pointer over at View option.
    • Select Medium icons or Small icons (according to the requirement) from the option.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2020
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

1. How can I change what it shows on my Desktop? - Similar Threads - change shows Desktop

2. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  3. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  4. How can I change a desktop from a local desktop to work desktop?

How can I change a desktop from a local desktop to work desktop?: My company has recently been bought by another, so we are having to change over all the systems and go through wiping and reinstalling windows on all computers. Some of the computers I am having to do this with are having issues connecting to the internet. I have found a way...
  5. How can I change my desktop background for multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my desktop background for multiple displays?: When choosing a picture for my background, having issues where it will only let me select "set for monitor 3" after right clicking an image for all 3 of my monitors. Previously was able to select 3 different images as follows: set for monitor 1, set for monitor 2, set for...
  6. How can I change my desktop background for multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my desktop background for multiple displays?: When choosing a picture for my background, having issues where it will only let me select "set for monitor 3" after right clicking an image for all 3 of my monitors. Previously was able to select 3 different images as follows: set for monitor 1, set for monitor 2, set for...
  7. How can I change my desktop background for multiple displays?

8. How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?

How can I change the ICON to a webpage shortcut on my desktop?: For YEARS I have easily created webpage shortcuts on my desktop by simply dragging the URL to the desktop, and then selected a cute ICON from many downloaded ICO files that helps me quickly visit that website. I was changing some default programs on my WIN10 desktop, and...
  9. my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?

my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?: my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-and-taskbar-have-changed-how-can-i/2ae8222d-9df4-4f57-8e90-b247ea349d5d
  10. How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?

How can I change the icon label font on my desktop?: I am trying to change the font style in the icon labels on my desktop. Where could I find that control? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-icon-label-font-on-my-desktop/05486864-d058-4b99-8a25-9cdc5587fb94