Windows 10: How can I change win10 startup tile icon size?

Discus and support How can I change win10 startup tile icon size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the one thing that is driving me nuts with the Win10 update is the start menu icons. Yep, I can change the colour but only for all of them to one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jes2015, Sep 5, 2015.

1. jes2015 Win User

How can I change win10 startup tile icon size?

the one thing that is driving me nuts with the Win10 update is the start menu icons. Yep, I can change the colour but only for all of them to one colour, but can I change individual ones? And/Or better still can I make the small icon in the middle of them occupy the whole tile. I notice some tiles are only the brand icon whilst others have my single chosen colour as a border round a small brand icon. I find it really hard to identify individual tiles in the mass of a single colour. What I would really really really like to do is to see the brand icons be the full size of the tile. Is this possible?

:)

jes2015, Sep 5, 2015

2. Custom tile image/size/groupings

The Calendar, Picture, and "now", use 2 tiles spaces.. how can we change the size so it's only 1 tile?

How can we change the icon used on the tiles .. I love the live tiles, but some of the other apps/tiles just sit there.. ??

Groupings : Can we create a grouping tile that can hold multiple apps of my choosing ?????

RyanRussell, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Start menu tiles

I have several chrome apps tiles on my start menu. The problem is the are all black or chrome icon and I want to change the icon of the tile in the start menu. Can I

Leigh_Hill, Sep 5, 2015
  4. robrobwj Win User

If you right click on the tile you can select "Resize" then your desired size.

robrobwj, Sep 5, 2015
  5. jes2015 Win User
    yes, but that still leaves the distracting border round the brand icon which is what I want to eliminate or at least change the colour of some of then so they are not all the same

jes2015, Sep 5, 2015
  6. robrobwj Win User
    I'm afraid there is no way do this within Windows. Maybe there is a third party application that can fix this?

robrobwj, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I change win10 startup tile icon size? - Similar Threads - change win10 startup

2. how to change icon size on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change icon size on desktop: how do I change icon size on desk top https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-icon-size-on-desktop/b7843bff-0843-401b-a295-3b71ce3068a0
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. How can I change the display size?

How can I change the display size?: On The web site I want to access "chat" I can't scroll down far enough to send it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-display-size/d0b75e53-6973-4abb-8c1c-046bf2fbb3f0
  5. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  6. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  7. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  8. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.: I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option. Secondly, I would like to be able to change the picture on each specific tile so I can better personalise it. Thanks in...
  9. How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide?: How can I expand the number of standard size tiles to 4 tiles wide? Or when a wide tile such as the Mail tile is already in place, it would allow 3 tiles wide? I tried the “expansion arrow” to move to the right, also Ctrl-Alt-pr sc: no luck. 69615
  10. How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to increase the size of the icons/tiles in the taskbar: I have a high resolution screen, so the taskbar seems disproportionately small by default/ In prior versions of Windows I would just increase the taskbar height and icons would adjust in size accordingly, but not so with Windows 10. How can I resize them, or is this deature...