Windows 10: How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find?

Discus and support How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate. The dumb store "installed" the main game but none 50something DLC downloads. Because the main game just... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Win10-is-canned-disappoin, Aug 20, 2020.

1. How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find?

So I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate.

The dumb store "installed" the main game but none 50something DLC downloads.

Because the main game just vanished, while taking up near 100GB of SSD space none of the DLC would install because they couldn't see the game installed.

Because the store appears to be some half baked one-and-done 2003 era download service and there is no way to check downloaded files vs the download server files, like virtually any other download service that deals with massive files I'm out an entire months data allowance for literally nothing .. for the 3rd time.

I know that there is no way to force a file recheck and the OS / store / game DRM treats it's buyers like criminals and wont let app data be accessed or moved manually or even trying the app move feature losing it's way and wrecking installs .. again.

I'm done with all this, so how can I force this circus of an OS to delete ALL the data that's now filled my SSD leaving only 20GB free?

How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find? 6d714fc3-deb7-456d-b96d-a753c2e8fd9b?upload=true.jpg

:)

Win10-is-canned-disappoin, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

can't download app from store, Windows 10

Hi,

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest to clear the Windows Store cache and try again. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key+Q
    • type wsreset.exe on the search bar
    • Hit enter key
    This should clear the Windows Store cache after restarting your system.

An alternative fix is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out this
    article
    and download the troubleshooter. Once downloaded, run the program and follow the steps to proceed with the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Aug 20, 2020
  3. stu1TS Win User
    Clear cache files in Windows Store in Windows 10

I am unable to reinstall RoboForm App in Edge from the current RoboForm.exe file available. When accessing the windows store, I have no install button when attempting to download apps on the Windows store. It has been suggested I clear the cache files
    in Windows store from the Apps and features setting. There is no Store>Advanced options>Reset path available that I can see. Where is it?

stu1TS, Aug 20, 2020
  4. How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find?

Downloading from Windows Store

We suggest to clear the Windows Store cache and try again. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key+Q
    • type wsreset.exe on the search bar
    • Hit enter key
    This should clear the Windows Store cache after restarting your system.

Another method if the above steps won't work, check this
    link
    and follow the post of Ruth Buruga for an alternative troubleshooting steps for Windows app.

Let us know how it went.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find?

1. How can I clear massive download files that the store broke that Apps & Features cannot find? - Similar Threads - clear massive download

2. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  3. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  4. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  5. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot find a file I just downloaded?: I recently exported a video file I've been editing. It went fine, the folder popped up at the end and I quickly watched the video. I then closed the applications and went straight to Youtube to start it uploading, only to find it wasn't in the folder I put it in. It was on my...
  6. Cannot find a file I just downloaded?

7. Can't find microsoft store in apps & features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find microsoft store in apps & features: Help i can't find microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-microsoft-store-in-apps-features/b0d20390-9036-4b76-a23e-f5827fa91100
  8. Can't find microsoft store in apps & features

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't find microsoft store in apps & features: Help i can't find microsoft store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-microsoft-store-in-apps-features/b0d20390-9036-4b76-a23e-f5827fa91100
  9. How can I get an app featured on the Microsoft Store?

How can I get an app featured on the Microsoft Store?: For small developers getting downloads for their apps even really good ones are hard, is there a way to get them featured on the home page of the Microsoft Store?...
  10. How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find: How do I remove programs in apps & features that uninstall cannot find? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-remove-programs-in-apps-features-that/42b2cd92-615d-46b6-a3ae-934a532cfeef