Windows 10: How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?

Discus and support How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know that the answer is in tenforums somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm buying a 500GB SSD to replace my 120GB ssd and need to know how to clone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lbeck, Apr 24, 2017.

1. lbeck Win User

How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?

I know that the answer is in tenforums somewhere, but I can't find it.

I'm buying a 500GB SSD to replace my 120GB ssd and need to know how to clone the smaller ssd to the larger one. Is there a tutorial here?

Thanks.

:)

lbeck, Apr 24, 2017
  2. qinada Win User

Clone a 1 Tb drive to a 512 Mb SSC

Hi Vaughn,

You can
    clone larger HDD to small SSD
    with a professional disk cloning software as long as the used space is smaller than the SSD. You will not worry it will clone the unused space unless you use sector by sector clone mode.

I suggest you to clone your HDD to SSD with AOMEI Backupper, if the used space is larger than the SSD, you can clone only the OS to SSD and keep the HDD as data storage. This software is very easy to operate.

qinada, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Expanding C drive partition

Hello. My SSD drive, where C is found, is too small now so I bought I larger SSD and cloned C. Now I need to expand the partition to take advantage of all that extra space on my new drive. How, please?

EdisonStewart, Apr 24, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User
Thema:

How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd?

1. How can I clone my small ssd to a larger ssd? - Similar Threads - clone small ssd

2. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  3. How to clone ssd to a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clone ssd to a larger ssd: I am trying to clone my OS and everything on my current ssd to a new ssd, but the software I tried using minitool wizard partition kept trying to get me to upgrade to a pro version even though I had a trial of it....
  4. how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd: as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-clone-of-windows-11-on-a-larger-ssd/ee33d414-d10c-4cae-b146-e781748059d5
  5. how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to make a clone of windows 11 on a larger ssd: as above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-clone-of-windows-11-on-a-larger-ssd/ee33d414-d10c-4cae-b146-e781748059d5
  6. I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm going to be needing to clone my Win 10 SSD to a new, larger SSD.: The SSD I'm using now is a 500G and it's getting full, so I have a 1 terabyte* on the way. The 500G is set up as SATA. Nothing is wrong, it's just too small so I'll probably use it as data. I plan to set the new one up as SATA also, but do I call it "C new" for now or name...
  7. Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD

Migrating OS from a small SSD to a larger SSD: I have purchased a larger SSD to replace the existing one that I am using for my OS. I have downloaded a couple of different kinds of software to handle this but I have some issues. For one which is called "Minitool Partition Wizard Free 11.6" there is an option to Migrate...
  8. Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone To A Larger SSD With Macrium Reflect: I guys. I am about to clone to a larger SSD, and I don't want to leave any unallocated space. There are 3 partitions there. System Reserved, Operating System and a Recovery Partition on the right which the Windows installer must have created as I built the computer myself....
  9. SSD Clone to SSD

SSD Clone to SSD: Hey, I am cloning several computers for work with the exact same hardware. I have a working computer with a SSD and HDD. When I clone the SSD and start up the same computer with the SSD switched windows will not load and it gives me the standard missing required files to...
  10. How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?

How do I upgrade small SSD to larger SSD for C drive?: Hi, I need to upgrade my C drive from 256GB to 1TB. (both are SSD) I want to use Macrium Reflect Free Edition. Can I just create a system image onto an external drive, swap the drives, and reboot to restore the 256GB image onto the new 1TB drive? (instead of having both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clone 1 tb drive to 512 mb ssd

2. Using windows 10 cloned 120 GB SSD to 500GB ssd but part of drive is hidden