Windows 10: How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen?

Discus and support How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My remote PC is a media PC, so connected to my TV. I manage it remotely, but then I have to log back in every time I want to watch something. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaffeinatedGuy, Feb 14, 2020.

1. How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen?

My remote PC is a media PC, so connected to my TV. I manage it remotely, but then I have to log back in every time I want to watch something.

How do I close the RDP session without locking the PC?

submitted by /u/CaffeinatedGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaffeinatedGuy, Feb 14, 2020

2. RDP session

I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen

JohnNic212, Feb 14, 2020
  3. kcchesnut Win User
    How to prevent RDP from immediately locking console session (Win 10)

I'm running Windows 10 on my PC.

When I RDP into my PC from a Macbook, the PC console session immediately displays the lock screen.

My screen saver is set to (None), and 'On resume, display logon screen' is not checked.

I've seen how to exit the RDP session using: tscon.exe # /dest:console

which ends the RDP session and unlocks the console.

That's not ideal because I'm certain to walk away and not run the batch file.

Also, I see how Chrome Remote Desktop does not lock the console session, but I'm on my own LAN, and am really looking for an RDP solution.

My goal is to have an unlocked console session, that I can periodically RDP into, and the console session remains unlocked.

Thanks,

casey

kcchesnut, Feb 14, 2020
  4. orbtwin Win User

How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen?

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello again:
    Sorry for answering too late.
    I think all my tests are correct and i think i have drawn conclusions:

The Method THREE works for me at last. Following the steps all are OK...but there's 3 important things:

• I reboot the PC-HTPC ... starting the task manager (and the method THREE). Starting too 3 programs (openPHT = plex media theater + Chrome + Steam client.
    • If a remote session from another PC at home is started (logging whatever user, indeed the same -htpc) and after the session is closed (RDP remote desktop) ... then: in amount of time the damn lock-screen appears (and i don't know why the openPHT its closed). I mean: starting a RDP session and closing after, causes the PC to see the lock screen. It doesn't matter what user to use
    • The same procedure using teamviewer (i asume the PC-HTPC "detects" another user loggin in) causing the same as above.

If a let the PC-HTPC without logging in from another computer, then, everything is OK about the lock screen. Doesn't apperars.
    The question is:
    How Win10 pro is "detecting" this "intrusions / loggins" causing the re-show the lock screen.
    I imagine that there is a normal user logged (-htpc) ... if the same user is doing "another logging" from another PC, the first one user are quit?..

It's a mess...otherwise, if i remain the PC in normal working, everything is OK
    Sorry if explaining me so bad!

orbtwin, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen?

1. How can I close an RDP session without locking the screen? - Similar Threads - close RDP session

2. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  3. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  4. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.: I'm using a Win 10 Pro PC as a server of sorts to store all my media files and host my dedicated gaming servers. This "server" doesn't have its own keyboard or monitor, I only connect using RDP from my main workstation. This works perfectly. My issue is with windows forcing...
  5. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.: I'm using a Win 10 Pro PC as a server of sorts to store all my media files and host my dedicated gaming servers. This "server" doesn't have its own keyboard or monitor, I only connect using RDP from my main workstation. This works perfectly. My issue is with windows forcing...
  6. Restart RDP Session without logging in after reboot.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  8. RDP session becomes unresponsive

RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  9. Remote Session - Do not lock screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote Session - Do not lock screen?: Hello! Here's the problem we have: We have a monitor hanging in the entrance area with information in a PowerPoint. The corresponding PC is well locked away. To update this information, Person X switches to the PC with the local user via Remote Session (Windows Remote...
  10. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remote desktop without locking screen

2. exit rdp without locking