Windows 10: How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1?

Discus and support How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm not able to extend the volume when right clicking over my OS (C).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Mar 3, 2019.

1. How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1?

How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1? c468e975-14e6-404d-a7bb-a34f15571b05?upload=true.jpg

I'm not able to extend the volume when right clicking over my OS (C).

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 3, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 3, 2019
  4. GiaChang Win User

How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1?

Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

Hi all,

I need some advice on whether it is possible - and if yes, how to merge my C drive on disk 0 with D drive on disk 1.

The problem is: my C drive is getting full soon, but previously after I deleted D drive and make it unallocated space (the bar of current D drive will change to black from blue), I still cannot expand C drive by adding the 100GB unallocated space into it.
    If I right click on C drive, the "expand" item is in gray.

I've searched online for solutions but so far only have seen same questions around. Does any one know the solution and do a big favor to explain how to do it step by step? Thanks much in advance!

P.S, sorry that the interface is not in English. Below page shows the "Disk Management" function, and you can see that:

1) Disk 0 has 55.78G, including C drive (55.21GB), 100MB of something I don't know what it is, and 473MB of recovery zone

2) Disk 1 has 100GB D drive, and 831.51GB E drive

How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1? 4d9a7925-db40-474e-9e8b-8352ef8dcf4a.jpg

GiaChang, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1?

1. How can I combine my Unallocated space with my OS (C) in Disk 1? - Similar Threads - combine Unallocated space

2. How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...: I messed it and not sure if i can and how to fix this mess.I have two hard disks. C and D but after installed windows 10 i messed it all with thepartitions;drive E: have 465 GB and i don't want to touch it.the problem is with the drive C that have windows installed on it but...
  3. How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i have 800GB of hard disk space unallocated , how can i move that space to drive c:...: I messed it and not sure if i can and how to fix this mess.I have two hard disks. C and D but after installed windows 10 i messed it all with thepartitions;drive E: have 465 GB and i don't want to touch it.the problem is with the drive C that have windows installed on it but...
  4. How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1: Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't move the E drive adjacent to the C drive. I have a M.2 ssd Samsung 970 EVO and just got a WD Blue SSD Sata as an additional storage. I wanted the additional storage to be combined with the C drive but I won't let me. I tried using AOMEI...
  5. How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move my E drive to C drive? or combine Disk 0 and Disk 1: Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't move the E drive adjacent to the C drive. I have a M.2 ssd Samsung 970 EVO and just got a WD Blue SSD Sata as an additional storage. I wanted the additional storage to be combined with the C drive but I won't let me. I tried using AOMEI...
  6. Extend OS Disk Memory with Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend OS Disk Memory with Unallocated Space: Hello Microsoft Team, I recently nuked my Image partition in my SSD which freed up 12GB of Space. The total space of SSD is 256GB. My current OS volume only shows 222 GB as total available OS memory. [ATTACH] Now I would like to add the unallocated space to the OS volume...
  7. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  8. Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Extending C: on Disk 1 to unallocated space problems: I fear my lack of knowledge might be creating a problem. Trying to help a friend with his W10 system. Disk 1 had partitions C: (System, boot,Page,...), and D: Instead of moving some data to D: he wanted the space D: occupied to be merged into C: I had him first verify...
  9. How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?: [ATTACH] I want to have 700 GB in my new created drive example E or F how would I do this exactly? To create the drive and so on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-unallocated-space-with-my-os-c/aba5ed6e-311e-44f8-945c-653cb790f09a"
  10. How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How combine unallocated space and add to C: partition?: Below is a screenshot made by MiniTool Free Edition. I would like to combine the two unallocated spaces and add the space to the C: partition. Do I need the paid version to do this? Attachment 96363 60387