Windows 10: How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?

Discus and support How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Defender is picking up threats that have already been deleted, and it won't stop bugging me about it. I'm trying to find a way to just factory reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ninka_Too, Jul 8, 2020.

1. How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?

Defender is picking up threats that have already been deleted, and it won't stop bugging me about it. I'm trying to find a way to just factory reset defender but I'm not able to find a solution anywhere online. I've tried resetting it through the apps settings but it didn't do anything How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings? :(

submitted by /u/Ninka_Too
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ninka_Too, Jul 8, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 8, 2020
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jul 8, 2020
  4. How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?

How to completely reset a GPU to the default?

You should of defaulted afterburner before removing gpu drivers. Smh.

Ok make sure your gpu drivers are installed, default afterburner, default the driver, remove afterburner completely, then ddu your drivers twice. Reinstall drivers, then default the gpu driver, run it and see how it goes. These thin laptops cant handle overclocking at all.

Do not do it, the vbios is integrated with the motherboard bios, it will not fix your problems but make it worse. See my signature.

eidairaman1, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings?

1. How can I completely reset Windows Defender to default settings? - Similar Threads - completely reset Defender

2. How can I reset default brightness settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I reset default brightness settings?: Hello.I have a Lenovo Legion 5 and a few days ago, when I unplugged the computer, it would lower the brightness. When I plugged it back in, the original brightness level returned.However, when I now disconnect or connect the power plug, the brightness stays the same. How can...
  3. Windows defender. Can i completely disable it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender. Can i completely disable it?: Hi. I want to ask you if i can completely disable the windows defender from the windows 10 system. And if i can is it hard? Can i restore it? How i can do it please? 177095
  4. How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings: How can I fix this? I mean how to reset to default settings [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-this-i-mean-how-to-reset-to-default/255c8097-ee28-48e1-8cd6-6180742fee85
  5. Can not complete reset windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not complete reset windows: Dear all, thanks in advance for your help, I have a serious problem with my pc. windows 10 Starting it it suddenly tried to fix an error and since it could not fix it, it lead me to the recovery page. I tried and failed 1. Repair Startup 2. I could boot in Safemode it...
  6. My settings reset to default after every restart. How can I fix this?

My settings reset to default after every restart. How can I fix this?: Hello! So recently I built a gaming computer, and am logged into my Microsoft account. I noticed as soon as I did this, mylaptop settings reset to default. I then tried to change my settings on my gaming computer color, wallpaper, etc.. However after turning off and back...
  7. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  8. Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...

Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing...: Windows 10 - How can I reset the Windows Settings to their default setting without changing anything else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-can-i-reset-the-windows-settings-to/d22e1398-59c9-4873-8f19-bc2308c31085
  9. How can I completely reset Windows Mail app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I completely reset Windows Mail app?: I want this to be completely reseted, from scratch, when I hit reset it does absolutely nothing, everything is still there all accounts etc. When I used uninstall (only from powershell you can uninstall) and reinstall via store... ALL ACCOUNTS were again there! Please is...
  10. How can I completely stop Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I completely stop Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender shut off, but it seems to still want to run. I keep getting a pop up from my WinPatrol program that WD wants to run at startup. I click the reject button but it keeps coming back. I fear it could be interfering with Macrium Reflect somehow because...