Windows 10: How can I compress files to save space extensively?

Discus and support How can I compress files to save space extensively? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Files are game files and softwares in zip, exe, MSI, etc formats. You can recommend both windows or Linux method. I will compress them one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pragyan52yadav, Nov 11, 2020.

1. How can I compress files to save space extensively?

Files are game files and softwares in zip, exe, MSI, etc formats.

You can recommend both windows or Linux method.

I will compress them one game/software at a time or in grp.

submitted by /u/pragyan52yadav
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pragyan52yadav, Nov 11, 2020

2. Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Nov 11, 2020
  4. How can I compress files to save space extensively?

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

How can I compress files to save space extensively?

1. How can I compress files to save space extensively? - Similar Threads - compress files save

2. How can i change the extensions of a file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change the extensions of a file?: Hey! I was wondering if we could change the extensions of a file If it's possible. Does anybody knows how to that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-extensions-of-a-file/5b2cf55e-2ec4-4879-9960-46397488436d
  3. How can I copy a pdf saved file

How can I copy a pdf saved file: I want to split my pdf file into 2 sections in that it is too large to upload. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-copy-a-pdf-saved-file/8b03932c-7590-4b8e-a43d-62cde7e35ab6
  4. i can't save a file in the e:/ how can i save this?

i can't save a file in the e:/ how can i save this?: i'm working in the e:/ drive with a file & I can't seem to be able to Save it -- How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-save-a-file-in-the-e-how-can-i-save-this/fbae4541-e439-46db-b546-8a618f3f741f
  5. Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type

Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type: I can no longer use a program to save files of a certain extension type. I'm using Windows Pro version 1909 .bp bravo prodigy it worked fine before recent updates the file name appears in the recent folder but has zero data...
  6. Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension

in Browsers and Email
    Save as MHTML defaults to HTML file extension: On my system at least (Win10 2004): When one chooses Save as MHTML from Edge, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi, or Brave the file extension comes up in the Save As Dialog window as .HTML instead of .MHTML The resulting HTML file is really a disguised MHTML file and does not open...
  7. How to compress a bunch of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to compress a bunch of files: I downloaded the new updated Postal stp with 2 spin off games that run on the Postal 2 game platform. The new Postal 2 and it's spin off games take up 7.0gb of space uncompressed. Is there a way to compress all of the files down to fit on one 4.7gb dvd without using PKzip? I...
  8. Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wont stop trying to compress files to "save disk space": How can I make windows 10 stop compressing all my files on my c drive to "save space" I really don't care that i have 7 gb of space left since everything else is on other drives. Operating system needs to suck it up and get over it. I have had to compress my user folder and...
  9. compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.

in Windows 10 Support
    compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.: Hey! After a recent Windows 10 update to my PC, close to everything on my computer have two blue arrows icons on it, which is "compress content to save disk space" as far as I found out. I didn't even know this was a thing, but now it has been set as default on my computer! I...
  10. Properties: Compress to save Disk Space

in Windows 10 Support
    Properties: Compress to save Disk Space: If I enable Compress to Save Disk Space from a file's properties, what is the trade-off? How significant is the HDD/CPU uncompression process (assuming that's how windows does it) 85759