Windows 10: How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

Discus and support How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, how can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by davidpaterson4, Jun 22, 2021.

1. How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

Hello, how can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

:)

davidpaterson4, Jun 22, 2021

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 22, 2021
  4. How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy?

1. How can i configure a disk in disk management to account for future redundancy? - Similar Threads - configure disk disk

2. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  3. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  4. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Disk management security and redundancy exam query

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk management security and redundancy exam query: I recently passed my CompTIA core 2 exam but there was a specific part of a question i was unsure about. It was simple disk partitioning in disk management but then it went on to say "The new partitions must be formatted to ensure that users files can be secured from other...
  7. Disk management security and redundancy exam query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management security and redundancy exam query: I recently passed my CompTIA core 2 exam but there was a specific part of a question i was unsure about.It was simple disk partitioning in disk management but then it went on to say "The new partitions must be formatted to ensure that users files can be secured from other...
  8. virtual disk manager data error cyclic redundant error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    virtual disk manager data error cyclic redundant error: My brother had a seagate drive hooked up to his xbox, then suddenly the power shut down. the when he turned his xbox back on the seagate drive wouldnt show. So i hooked it up to my pc to see if i could fix it. the disc is spinning when i plug it in. And the space is...
  9. windows installation on a redundant disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation on a redundant disk: i have a tablet cum laptop Haier Y11b it has two disks namely disk1 and disk2 as can been seen in the pic attached. the screen or detachable part with 30GB as disk1 and the disk2 of about 500GB that is placed under the keypad/keyboard area of laptop, Windows installation by...
  10. How can I run Disk Management as administrator?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I run Disk Management as administrator?: I have a new Dell, upgrading the SSD and consequently want to move some partitions on the new drive to access the unallocated space. In Disk Management (Wiindows 10 version 1089) I cannot get any options within the tools - when right clicking any partition, I only get a...