Windows 10: How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image?

Discus and support How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pretty simple use case: I am preparing a virtual machine image that will be cloned to create lots of identical copies. I would like the users' desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hansooloo74, Feb 22, 2021.

1. How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image?

Pretty simple use case:
    I am preparing a virtual machine image that will be cloned to create lots of identical copies. I would like the users' desktop to have Dark Mode configured as a standard part of the experience. The users will be local to the VMs, so there is no AD involved here.

I would prepare the image using the following steps:

1. Install Windows 10 as usual
    2. Go into Audit Mode after reboot to install some standard apps, e.g., Notepad++, etc.
    3. Load the NTuser.dat file from C:\Users\Default\ into registry under a temporary location under HKEY_USERS
    4. Add the 2 dark mode related settings under Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize:
      1. AppsUseLightTheme, DWORD, 0
      2. SystemUseLightTheme, DWORD, 0
    5. Unload the temporary hive loaded in step-3
    6. Generalize with CopyProfile and Reboot.

Problem Statement:

When the system reboots, it gets stuck at a blue "Why did my PC Restart?" screen. If I remove these 2 changes to the Default user registry settings, then I don't run into this problem.

Question:

How can I get my image configured so that anyone with a local user account on the VM can get the Dark Mode experience in the cloned images?

:)

hansooloo74, Feb 22, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 22, 2021
  3. BUG
    bug Win User
    Requesting dark theme

I don't imagine offering the option is the issue, but rather configuring/developing the dark theme itself.

4. Brink Win User

How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image?

Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS Mobile

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS

Brink, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image?

1. How can I configure Dark Mode theme for all users in a VM image? - Similar Threads - configure Dark Mode

2. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  3. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...: I downloaded a new theme from the google play store. It's a dark mode theme and I don't like it after all. How do I get my Windows default themes back?...
  4. How to restore default Windows theme and remove the dark mode theme I downloaded from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the how dark the dark theme is?: [ATTACH] Ok so I just don't like Windows10's dark theme because it's just too black and I think it looks bad and I def think Microsoft could improve it. Is there a way to change the very black background to something like Discord's defualt dark grayish bakground? Thanks....
  6. Themes & Dark Mode Browswer problem.

Themes & Dark Mode Browswer problem.: So, I'm having a problem with something related to my browser and my themes & night mode. This happens with both Firefox my default & Edge. After an update from Windows at some point just a day or two after Valentine's Day, my browser doesn't want to display my theme or use...
  7. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  8. Torrent users --great dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Torrent users --great dark theme: Hi folks To all those guys who use torrents. Deluge has brilliant dark theme Here's an example [img] This CD isn't available any more via normal channels but If I do this sort of stuff I always make a contribution to the Musicians Union -- So we aren't all evil in this...
  9. For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    For those who like dark themes -- Breeze Dark on Linux VM: Hi folks for those who like dark themes : Here's fedora 30 running as a VM with Breeze dark. [img] Now if I could replicate Windows itself to do similar !!! I'm sure there are plenty but haven't got the info. Anybody got any links for decent Windows dark themes I could...
  10. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e