Windows 10: How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

Discus and support How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keith_Andrews, Jan 24, 2023.

1. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge with the test user logged into Windows 10, I am not seeing the favorites. I can run gpresult /r and see that the policy is being read by the user, but I'm obviously missing something. I also always make sure I run gpupdate.exe /force before checking.

:)

Keith_Andrews, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview)

Full article at Microsoft Docs: New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings | Microsoft Docs

3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings (Preview) Insider

Full article at Microsoft Docs: New Microsoft Edge Group Policies and MDM settings | Microsoft Docs

Kari

Brink, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Rose Ter Win User

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

Export Favorites from Edge to IE11 in the same computer

Hi Miriam,

Alongside all the new features and improvements included in the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft Edge introduces a new policy that allows you to maintain favorites in sync between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Kindly follow the troubleshooting
    steps provided below:

Keep favorites synced between Edge and IE using Group Policy

• Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
    • Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Browse the following path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Edge.
    • On the right, double-click the Keep favorites in sync between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge policy.
    • Select Enabled.
    • Click OK.

Once you've completed the steps, you can test the changes by opening Internet Explorer and adding some new favorites, and then open Microsoft Edge, verify that your favorites are syncing in the Favorites section inside of Hub.

Initially, it might take a few minutes for this to work, but if it's not working, restart your computer, and double-check that bookmarks are syncing.

At any time, you can revert the changes by using the same steps, but on step No. 5 make sure to select the Not Configured option.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

1. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites? - Similar Threads - configure group policy

2. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  3. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  4. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...
  5. How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I configure group policy for Microsoft Edge Favorites?: I'm relatively new to Group Policy, but I do have a pretty good handle on it. Right now I am troubleshooting the Microsoft Edge Favorites policy against a single test user account I've created in our domain. I believe all of the settings are in place, but when I check Edge...
  6. Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy)

in Browsers and Email
    Change Microsoft Edge Policy in GPEdit (Group Policy): Hi forum I want to disable two Edge policies below, but I can't find anything in GPEdit (Group Policy)! Any help? (Current Edge version : 91.0.864.37 Stable x64) Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation | Microsoft Docs Microsoft Edge Browser Policy Documentation |...
  7. Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Starting with Microsoft Edge 87, Microsoft is rolling out new GPO or Group Policies […] This article Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  9. Microsoft Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge favorites: Before the Chromium update, I could click on a favorite, and when I closed it and opened the favorites list again, the cursor would be at the last favorite I opened. Now, when I close a favorite, it goes back to the top of the favorites list. Then I have to scroll down, often...
  10. How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to block Microsoft Edge through Group Policy or Registry or Appblocker: Hello, We have to block Microsoft Edge because our DLP product is not compatible with Edge browser and tried too many thing but unable to block this application. Seems like Microsoft trying to forcely use Edge browser but before do that you should compatible with other...