Windows 10: How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

Discus and support How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have machines that have their own IP adresses assigned to them. I'm looking for something like a wifi extender that I can plug into the machine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dlewis1000, Oct 13, 2021.

1. How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

I have machines that have their own IP adresses assigned to them. I'm looking for something like a wifi extender that I can plug into the machine and have the machine show up on my network with it's standard IP already assigned to it. I've verified the connection works over wire, but would like to find a way to do it over wifi to avoid running miles of cable through my shop. There are some companies out there that make devices specifically for the CNC machines I'm looking to connect, but I don't understand why a simple wifi extender wouldn't work in place.

:)

dlewis1000, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi [​IMG]
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

3. sammy Win User
    Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Seany1212 Win User

How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

Small business Wifi Network for 20-30 Devices?

I have been looking at this exact problem myself with the same range of numbers. I've found there are a wide range of choices and performance of the network very much depends on how much money you're willing to put into it.

Our wifi consisted of a single modem/router and the devices were only requesting internet access, the problem we were getting was either devices getting dropped off the network or just very little internet access at all when it was connected. From doing some studying I concluded that i could improve the performance by separating the roles, having a modem dealing with the connection to the outside world and DHCP and having a more powerful router handle the wireless devices (the router I was looking at was the model down from your suggested one, the Asus RT-N66U), you could probably go one further and add a low spec'd server box dealing with DHCP, DNS, etc. This was the cheapest option but left no real room for scaling up devices.

The other was as has been suggested, getting a wireless controller/gateway with multiple access points, obviously the cost scales higher but you also increase the overall capacity of the network with good performance, and usually with a good controller you can further add more access points to increase range/devices.

I think in this case it's very much you get what you pay for.

Seany1212, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

1. How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi - Similar Threads - connect non wifi

2. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  3. How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi: I have machines that have their own IP adresses assigned to them. I'm looking for something like a wifi extender that I can plug into the machine and have the machine show up on my network with it's standard IP already assigned to it. I've verified the connection works over...
  4. How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I connect a non wifi device to my network over wifi: I have machines that have their own IP adresses assigned to them. I'm looking for something like a wifi extender that I can plug into the machine and have the machine show up on my network with it's standard IP already assigned to it. I've verified the connection works over...
  5. see devices connected to wifi network

see devices connected to wifi network: Where do I go to see devices connected to my wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-devices-connected-to-wifi-network/7e04bdb7-76fa-4ce9-94e9-71ff0357b40a
  6. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  7. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  8. can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network

can connect to own wifi network, but can't connect to other wifi network: i noticed that the wifi logo change [ATTACH] please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-connect-to-own-wifi-network-but-cant-connect/1464a6dc-5529-475e-95ca-9264272676b6
  9. Can´t connect to my Wifi network

Can´t connect to my Wifi network: Hi everyone, I can´t connect to my Wifi from my desktop with Window 10. I had an ethernet cable before and it worked perfectly but now I can´t connect my computer to the router through the cable anymore. For some reason it detects my wifi network but when i try to connect...
  10. How to connect to wifi network

How to connect to wifi network: I want to connect my computer to the wireless router without using an Ethernet cable. Please describe how I can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-connect-to-wifi-network/20bc7ef9-889d-46b8-9479-e5c0592a24ba