Windows 10: How can I connect to several PCs that are within the same network (public ip)

Discus and support How can I connect to several PCs that are within the same network (public ip) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I connect to several PCs that are within the same network (public ip)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Selftrack, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Selftrack Win User

How can I connect to several PCs that are within the same network (public ip)

:)

Selftrack, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Castiel Win User

PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Oct 29, 2018
  3. I am connected to a public network, but it is unable to open any ip addresses,

Original title: Public Network domain problem

I am connected to a public network, but it is unable to open any ip addresses,

Is there any solution?

Vivek Kushwaha, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Arete One Win User

Can't split networks between Public and Private

New Win10 Pro install from scratch on a laptop with both a wi-fi and wired ethernet connections.

The wi-fi connects to a router on 192.168.253.x, and that router connects to the Internet. The IP is delivered by the DHCP server based on the MAC address.

The wired ethernet connects to a hub, with a total of four computers. The IPs for each are specified in the NIC configuration on the 192.168.252.x network.

Windows 10 calls the wired ethernet "Unidentified network" and sets it to Public along with the wi-fi network. There is no listing for the wired ethernet network in the registry under the ..\NetworkList\Profiles entries, so I can't flip the Category setting there. There is only one entry, and it's the wi-fi network.

I turned the wi-fi adapter off and then shared a folder. This made the wired ethernet network Private, but when I turned the wi-fi back on, they both showed up as Public.

With the wired ethernet network set to Public, I can't easily connect to shares or use RD from my main system into this one without turning off Windows Firewall. But since the WF setting is based on the Private and Public setting, right now it's an all or nothing thing.

I need to find a way to leave my wi-fi connection set to Public, but get my wired ethernet set to Private.

Any suggestions?

TIA.

Arete One, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I connect to several PCs that are within the same network (public ip) - Similar Threads - connect several PCs

2. public ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    public ip: if someone know our public ip addres so what info he can get. and can he hack us or controll our pc through are public ip address ? please tell me what info does public ip can give and does someone can hack or remotly controll my devices* Moved from Mobile Devices...
  3. How to change public ip address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change public ip address: Hello, How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me. A step by step tutorial would be appreciated, thanks....
  4. 2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them

2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them: This seems to happen after updates. 1 PC has a printer that we can usually print to that from either PC. Currently they cannot see each other. no 1 will not change to turn on network discovery and current profile is private. won't turn on under public profile either number...
  5. Network Connections within Single Network

Network Connections within Single Network: I have a base modem and a network extender. I would like to have Windows seek and automatically log into and out of the different devices when I move from one room to another. I am using Windows 10 up-to-date. Currently, if I am logged into the internet via the main...
  6. Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network: Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-ip-addresses-on-the-same-local-area-network/bfcbe20b-40f4-4e18-9e73-545a69d47dcd
  7. Private and Public Network Connections

Private and Public Network Connections: Hey everyone, just recently I reset my modem and router and my laptop. I have made sure that my home router is secure yet when I connect to it, if I go to settings it sets me as a public network. This is weird because when I got my laptop and connected, the computer...
  8. Can only see public files on my networked PCs

Can only see public files on my networked PCs: I have three windows 10 PCs. An HP laptop, an HP all in one and an old Desktop. All PCs are fully up to date on Software. I have applied all the suggestions on local services - Function Discovery Provider and Function Discovery resources set to automatic delayed start, DNS...
  9. need help to connect more than 2 pc to same public ip

need help to connect more than 2 pc to same public ip: need help to connect more than 2 pc to same public ip https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/need-help-to-connect-more-than-2-pc-to-same-public/f127646a-a04d-47e5-a22f-8ca5b9810349
  10. How can I change the Public setting of Network

How can I change the Public setting of Network: setting to Private in Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I have tried Networking through settings, deleting and re-installing the router and through the netsh interface. Nothing seems to work. Can anyone help? All the internet answers relate to previous versions of Windows 10 which...