Windows 10: How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

Discus and support How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm new to OneDrive and badly messed it up when I first installed it. After getting help, I did finally learn how to have OneDrive also save some of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LindaKrieg, Apr 1, 2021.

1. How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

I'm new to OneDrive and badly messed it up when I first installed it. After getting help, I did finally learn how to have OneDrive also save some of my more vital to be available when offline files on my computer. Now the problem is, I have absolutely no idea where it is putting those files. It says they are both on the computer and in OneDrive. If so, WHERE are they? When I open my PC Documents folder and go to the subfiles, none of them have the files that OneDrive says are on both. Is there a way to correct this problem?

:)

LindaKrieg, Apr 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

Hello Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• What happens when you click on Control Panel?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?
    • Did you make any changes in your system prior to this issue?
    I would suggest you to right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list and then check if its working. If not I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by
    Steverid and check if it helps:

Windows 10 control panel not working

And related to OneDrive issue, I suggest you to post the query in One drive forum to get assistance with OneDrive issues.

Microsoft Community

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 1, 2021
  4. RonForbes Win User

How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

I am unable to open OneDrive and the Control Panel on Windows 10 App list. This started only a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

RonForbes, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on...

1. How can I control where OneDrive puts a file when I tell it to make it always available on... - Similar Threads - control where OneDrive

2. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  3. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...: For example, I have set up my Pixel 7 OneDrive to upload Camera images to the OneDrive server. But when I look at the security on the files in Windows, the security on the file does not inherit the security from the "Pictures" folder.How do I change this behavior?...
  4. How do I control the windows files security that OneDrive puts on files uploaded from an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where do I put, large files?

Where do I put, large files?: Before I start excuse the punctuation but I'm just speaking into a microphone so bear with meI have some files over 1 gigabyte and I wanted to know if there's a place I could put them up in the cloud get a code and give that code to someone else and then they could get it I...
  6. Where do I put, large files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I put, large files?: Before I start excuse the punctuation but I'm just speaking into a microphone so bear with meI have some files over 1 gigabyte and I wanted to know if there's a place I could put them up in the cloud get a code and give that code to someone else and then they could get it I...
  7. Where do I put, large files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...

Can I tell if someone else has a file set to "always keep on this device" in OneDrive or...: Let's say User A has synced a SharePoint Online document library using OneDrive Files On Demand, and has set a file to 'always keep on this device'. Is there any way for User B to see that User A has done this? Is there any way to automatically check out a file if someone...
  9. How can I tell where the links point

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I tell where the links point: I'm trying to move my stuff into my new Win10 profiles, but some of the folders like cookies and start menu have links instead of the actual folders. How do I tell where the link points? [img] 128508
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...