Windows 10: How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?

Discus and support How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Fuji digital camera has formatted it's SD card for it's own use. I can read the pictures in my Windows 10 PC, but I cannot reformat the card so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lukon100, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Lukon100 Win User

How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?

My Fuji digital camera has formatted it's SD card for it's own use.

I can read the pictures in my Windows 10 PC, but I cannot reformat the card so I can use it for other things. Every attempt to reformat the SD card returns the error message about the card being "wright protected".

I have tried several things to remove the wright protection. But obviously none of them work.

The tab on the edge of the card is set to unlocked.

My virus scanner says there's no virus on it.

I did the "attributes Disk X clear readonly" command, which said it executed.

The "clear" command, however, gives an error message about an IO error.

Anyway, I'd sure like to use my SD card for things other than storing photos and videos from my Fuji camera.

:)

Lukon100, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Bradleyb, in your Device Manager do you have anything listed in Storage Controllers? I get an entry for MMC/SD. I just checked a 1GB SD card and a 4GB SDHC card, both worked in File Explorer to show their contents.

How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card? [​IMG]

Side note: A caveat for such cards is that if they are to be used in a camera they need to be formatted in the camera, not in Windows.

Berton, Apr 16, 2021
  3. gibbsy09 Win User
    Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Thanks I'll give that a try and let you know how I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi tried the programme still won't see card any other suggestions thanks.

gibbsy09, Apr 16, 2021
  4. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card? - Similar Threads - convert Fuji Camera

2. Sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  3. Sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sd card: When I download somthing on my sd card it downloads but when I try to extract it says please insert last disk Multi Voulme set and click ok to continue that keeps poping up when I press ok But I when I look into 7-zip App some files are missing even when I use any app I...
  4. Sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sd card: my windows 10 is not reading my verbatim micro sd adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/2e69c34c-15aa-4e16-99e9-d13afc29ab45
  5. SD card

SD card: I have recently had my Acer laptop serviced and the tech talked me into installing windows 10 and I hate it . can someone pleas tell me how I can view the contents of an SD card ? On windows 7 I used to go to my drive menu and just select it from there. thx...
  6. camera sd card

camera sd card: How can I on Windows 10 reformat an SD camera card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-sd-card/cf134290-828f-422b-b4dc-b90517b32df6
  7. sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sd card: updated windows 10 on surface go yesterday. Does not recognize sd card anymore. unable to use. can't see card or files. all drivers up to date. any suggestions or similar experiences? Thanks....
  8. SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card: How do I change the settings for what I do when I insert a SD card on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card/75d8c53e-488f-49e9-b1ac-cbf995b30e5e"
  9. SD card

SD card: Windows 10 does not detect my SD card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/cecf9cf6-ad80-43c5-8b57-3c0b84d4305f
  10. SD Card

SD Card: When I insert the SD card into my computer it is not bring recognized. What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help me ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/sd-card/d62d2332-a102-4790-a460-1c908f2c9286