Windows 10: how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ?

Discus and support how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobLindquist, Apr 23, 2019.

1. how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ?

how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ?

:)

BobLindquist, Apr 23, 2019

2. Force load MS Generic SD Card Reader Drivers in WinPE

Hi, hoping someone can help.

I boot into WinPE from a USB Flash drive (the device is installed with Windows 10 Pro) with no issues, however I need to access an SD Card while in the WinPE Environment for various reasons. WinPE does not load the required driver to access the SD Card,
    now I know that by using DRVLOAD.exe I can 'force' load drivers, but, the driver I require is a standard MS Generic one.

According to Device Manager (when booted into Windows 10) the driver required is disk.sys .. loaded from disk.inf found in System32\DriverStore\FileRepository in the folder disk.inf_amd64_879a35d65b2a8a7d .. I have copied this folder onto my USB WinPE boot
    drive, booted into WinPE and executed the command DRVLOAD.EXE XX\DRIVERS\SD\DISK.INF (where xx is the drive letter of the USB flash drive) and I get the message that the driver has been successfully loaded ... but .. I still cannot access the SD Card, the
    card does not even show up in DISKPART.

Am I missing something obvious here?

I have two other devices, one that requires the Realtek SD Card driver to be loaded via DRVLOAD.exe, and another that does not use UEFI booting and uses the MS generic drivers that load upon boot .. both recognize and allow access to the SD Card when running
    in WinPE.

Is it something to do with the UEFI secure boot (even though one of other devices is UEFI and I can still force load the Realtek SD driver and gain access to the card)

Really frustrating me so any assistance would be really appreciated.

ColinJMarschall, Apr 23, 2019
  3. How to make a system recovery disk on a SD-card

Would it be possible to make a recovery disk of a SD card, and if needed copy it to an USB? Or does the recovery disk have to be made on the media it is going to be used from?
    I don't mind not getting a factory reset, Windows can make its own recovery disks, correct?

1993matias, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Bo$$ Win User

how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ?

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Thema:

1. how can I copy data from the C: drive in the winpe recovery environment to an SD card ? - Similar Threads - copy data drive

2. SD card Recovery Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD card Recovery Software: Version 1909 Im trying to use my "OWNED" Windows File Recovery. I am signed in to Microsoft and even have it open In Edge but it won't install it or open it up because it says I'm not signed in. So frustrating. Trying everything to recover some very important files on new sd...
  3. Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring apps / programs from C drive to D drive SD Card: [ATTACH] For some years I have followed the practice of transferring, if possible. apps / programs from the C Drive to the D Drive, an integral SD Card --- in order to reduce space usage on the C drive. I have done this via Settings, Apps. For various reasons some cannot be...
  4. Copying from protected CD to a SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying from protected CD to a SD card: I am about to purchase a new car which does not have a CD player fitted. This is current trend with car manufacturers who appear to have ignored the fact that a number of CD's are protected in order to prevent copying. I have a number of such CD's which gives me a problem....
  5. Merge SD card to C: drive

Merge SD card to C: drive: Hey community i would like to know how to merge my SD card to my main C: drive, [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-sd-card-to-c-drive/58411a25-3fbf-4e76-900b-20cfd7e1cd4d
  6. error while copying files from SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error while copying files from SD card: Hey ! I wanted to copy my video files from my camera's SD card to my Windows PC but something went wrong while it copy. Now I only find one file on the SD card where were more than 100 video files. That one file has no format type. I used a data recovery free software and...
  7. Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card: I have 3 x 2TB sdcards which I purchased from Amazon to use in my Surface Pro and 2 Samsung tablets. I have been trying to copy files from my NAS drive via my Windows 10 PC to the card but after it copies some it comes up with an error. It manages to copy two levels of...
  8. Copying sd card to computer

Copying sd card to computer: I am trying to copy a 16 gb sd card to my laptop and it keeps stopping. It starts off good then the speed drops to 0. How can I keep this from happening so it finishes copying?...
  9. Micro SD card recovery

Micro SD card recovery: Hello, Today I put my micro sd card inside a USB adapter, and plugged it to one of the USB ports. Then I transferred some files into it, and I accidentally moved it in the middle of the work, so that it disconnected. Now when I insert the micro SD card (inside the...
  10. How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card

How to add D drive to C when it is an SD card: Have a nextbook with only 35gb of internal storage and 28gb is used by the Win 10 os & apps. System allows use of an SD card (60gb) which I have added and it is shown as disk 1 in disk management - 16mb unallocated, 58.23gb eFAT healthy(primary partition). Can this be added...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what drivers files needed for sd card working under winpe