Windows 10: How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

Discus and support How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The system is on C: now. I want to remove it to D: then I will disconnect the C: hard drive from the pc and I want that the windows will boot from D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chocolade1972, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM.

1. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

The system is on C: now. I want to remove it to D: then I will disconnect the C: hard drive from the pc and I want that the windows will boot from D: (D: will be come C: once I will disconnect the current C: hard drive).

The thing is that D: now is a new hard drive SSD.

Is there any way to do it ? I don't want to make new windows installation on D: over again but to use everything I have on C:

To duplicate C: to D: and that it will boot from D: after disconnecting C:

:)

Chocolade1972, Jun 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... :)

3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

4. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

Thema:

How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

1. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... - Similar Threads - copy hard drive

2. How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I merge my D: drive and my C: Drive?: My D: drive has 900 GB available and my C: drive is out of space. I tried going into disk management and right clicking my C: drive, but the extend volume button is grayed out. My C: drive is in the disk 1 section while my D: drive is in the disk 0 section. Please help, my...
  3. Full copy of a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full copy of a hard drive?: Is it possible to make an entire copy of your Windows 10 hard drive installation with all existing programs so everything (and I do mean everything) can be transferred to a new SSD drive?...
  4. How can I update windows using an external hard drive? There is not enough space on C drive

How can I update windows using an external hard drive? There is not enough space on C drive: My PC has 32gb memory and there's not enough space to update from version 1703 to 1803. How can I use the memory on my hard drive to update windows? Thank you....
  5. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...
  6. duplicate drive D in Hard desk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate drive D in Hard desk: i spited the hard desk to two drives C & D . then I moved document folder to drive D. suddenly I noticed that I have three drives with same name D and has same contents. 1 : how can I delete the other drive witch looks like virtual drives and keep only one? 2 : how can I...
  7. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  8. Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can not find D hard drive in disk defragment: I can find my SSD as my C: but for some reason my D: will not show up on the list. I ran a chkdsk and it can find and analyze D Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems. No further action is required. 976629759 KB total disk space. 491134428 KB in...
  9. How can I extend my hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I extend my hard drive space?: I'm going under Computer Management>Disk Management and have deleted a partition which gave me the unallocated 48gb, and I'm trying to add that unallocated space to the main drive (C), and it's not letting me, When I right the C drive there is only a shrink volume option, the...
  10. Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?: Hello, Relatively new to Windows 10. Why does Windows 10 partition the hard drive into a C and D drive? As purchased, my Windows 10 machine has split my 2TB drive split into C and D. The C drive is much smaller than the D drive (At work otherwise I would supply the...