Windows 10: How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

Discus and support How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The system is on C: now. I want to remove it to D: then I will disconnect the C: hard drive from the pc and I want that the windows will boot from D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chocolade1972, Jun 13, 2019.

1. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

The system is on C: now. I want to remove it to D: then I will disconnect the C: hard drive from the pc and I want that the windows will boot from D: (D: will be come C: once I will disconnect the current C: hard drive).

The thing is that D: now is a new hard drive SSD.

Is there any way to do it ? I don't want to make new windows installation on D: over again but to use everything I have on C:

To duplicate C: to D: and that it will boot from D: after disconnecting C:

:)

Chocolade1972, Jun 13, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... :)

dhdude, Jun 13, 2019
  3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Jun 13, 2019
  4. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

Copy PC contents to external hard drive

I have installed Windows 10 on my PC. Typically I back up the entire contents of my PC on an external hard drive. I once had a hard drive crash and learned the hard way about the value of complete external backups for a PC.

The procedure I used with Windows 8.1 does not seem to apply to Windows 10. Which item on this list "This PC, Desktop, Documents Downloads, Music Pictures HPLJP1000-1500 (C)" should I select to copy everything (including Windows 10) on my external hard
    drive?

David Skier, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows...

1. How can I copy my C: windows hard drive content to D: hard drive including the windows... - Similar Threads - copy hard drive

2. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?: I have tried altering partitions but I cannot increase the capicity on the c drive. I have 900gb of storage on the d drive but only 100gb on the c drive which is full....
  3. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?: I have tried altering partitions but I cannot increase the capicity on the c drive. I have 900gb of storage on the d drive but only 100gb on the c drive which is full....
  4. how do i transfer hard drive capacity from the d drive to the c drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hard drives C and D do not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drives C and D do not open: Hello. The problem is of the following kind. I open the my computer shortcut, double-click on the C or D drive to open it, but it throws me onto the desktop. If you do it through the right mouse button and open it in a new window, it opens. And inside the disks, folders also...
  6. Hard drives C and D do not open

Hard drives C and D do not open: Hello. The problem is of the following kind. I open the my computer shortcut, double-click on the C or D drive to open it, but it throws me onto the desktop. If you do it through the right mouse button and open it in a new window, it opens. And inside the disks, folders also...
  7. Hard drives C and D do not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. D hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D hard drive: I would like to know if my D hard drive is able to install games such as fps shooter like ,warzone ,valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-hard-drive/568cdfd3-bbe6-4b8a-8df4-8ee4e16fe0f8
  9. Hard drive C

Hard drive C: My C drive keeps filling up. I have moved files to another drive and I created over 10 GB of space but within a few days it was full again even though I regularly use disk clean up. What could be fill causing this?...
  10. Defective hard drive - fastest way of copying contents

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defective hard drive - fastest way of copying contents: A 500GB WD Blue drive just failed (unrecognized by BIOS, unrecognized in USB case, clicking, etc) on a friend's laptop, Lenovo Ideapad 110. Fortunately, the owner says that he has any important contents backed up elsewhere. With nothing to loose, I have left the drive in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Copy my C drive to my D drive