Windows 10: how can i correct the name of my computer?

Discus and support how can i correct the name of my computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; long ago I tried to name my computer it appears correct on some things but not all. I want the name of my computer the same everywhere!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by St LunaticFamily, Jun 2, 2019.

1. how can i correct the name of my computer?

long ago I tried to name my computer it appears correct on some things but not all. I want the name of my computer the same everywhere!

:)

St LunaticFamily, Jun 2, 2019

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Anthony Pontecorvo1, Jun 2, 2019
  3. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you want to correct a misspelled user account name on Windows 10 PC.

Before assisting further, are you editing Microsoft user account name or Local user account name?

You will not be able to edit/rename Microsoft user account name on the computer. If you are using a Local user account, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the window, click on View by
      and select Large icons.
    • From the window, click on User accounts and select
      Manage another account
    • From the window, select your user account (the one to edit/rename) and click on
      Change the account user name.
    • Type correct user name in the box and click on Apply and
      OK.
    • Close the window, lock the PC (press Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard) and check if the changes are effective.

The above changes made will reflect only on the Login/lock screen. To change the name of the user folder in
    C: drive, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer
    • Click on This PC from the left side panel of the window and open
      C:
      drive.
    • Open Users folder and select the user folder with a misspelled user name.
    • Right click on the misspelled user name and select Rename option from the context menu to rename the folder.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 2, 2019
  4. how can i correct the name of my computer?

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

how can i correct the name of my computer?

1. how can i correct the name of my computer? - Similar Threads - correct name computer

2. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change my disk name: I download a game and it automatically changed the local disk e name and now I can not change it again. It also changed the logo Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-disk-name/c235f49f-dd73-46e6-ac12-f709d614245f
  3. How can i change my disk name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i change my disk name: I download a game and it automatically changed the local disk e name and now I can not change it again. It also changed the logo Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-disk-name/c235f49f-dd73-46e6-ac12-f709d614245f
  4. How can the time zone of my city be corrected on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the time zone of my city be corrected on my computer?: On October 30th, 2022, my city, Chihuahua, Mexico, changed from belonging to the Pacific time zone to the central time zone. However, my laptop still considers Chihuahua in the Pacific time zone, which causes confusion between my laptop and other devices that are up to date...
  5. How can the time zone of my city be corrected on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can the time zone of my city be corrected on my computer?: On October 30th, 2022, my city, Chihuahua, Mexico, changed from belonging to the Pacific time zone to the central time zone. However, my laptop still considers Chihuahua in the Pacific time zone, which causes confusion between my laptop and other devices that are up to date...
  6. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  7. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  8. How can I change the name of my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the name of my computer?: I just purchased a new computer, set it up, and then found out it's name is Janet! My name is JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. Please...
  9. My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer's name is NOT Jane, it's Janet. MY NAME IS JANE. How can I change the name of...: I just purchased a new computer and set it up to find out it's name is Janet! MY NAME IS JANE, my last name begins with the letter "T", but my name is not Janet, it's Jane. Many things that I use, including C:\Users, refer to me as Janet, but that's not my name. :( Please...
  10. how to correct my name in outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to correct my name in outlook: My outlook name suddenly changed to my husband's name today for sending messages. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-correct-my-name-in-outlook/7c50189d-73b5-42c3-9243-6fd1a071e398