Windows 10: How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm curious if I wanted to make an extra drive how would I create it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Feb 27, 2019.

1. How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10?

I'm curious if I wanted to make an extra drive how would I create it?

:)

IntenseJames, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 27, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10?

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10?

1. How can I create a E Drive for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - create Drive

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive: Yes before you ask yes Secure boot, and TPM 2.0 is enabled. I get to the first restart after starting to download and my pc will boot back into the USB. Yes I’ve also moved my boot drives around but when I disconnect the usb my pc it will either boot strait into the bios with...
  5. Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive

Windows USB won’t creat a bootable drive: Yes before you ask yes Secure boot, and TPM 2.0 is enabled. I get to the first restart after starting to download and my pc will boot back into the USB. Yes I’ve also moved my boot drives around but when I disconnect the usb my pc it will either boot strait into the bios with...
  6. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  7. Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive

Creating Windows Image file and Save to Flash drive: Hi Everyone,I would like to ask if you can create windows image file and save to your flash drive / thumb drive. i know how to create system image and save it to hard drive / ssd drive. wondering if i can install it to smaller type of storage 64gb flash drive.can anyone help...
  8. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....: Good morning, I have a laptop that runs on windows. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive, so that I can revive my computer to its current state operating system and apps and files. How can I do it, if it's possible? I think that creating a system image does...
  9. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....: Good morning, I have a laptop that runs on windows. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive, so that I can revive my computer to its current state operating system and apps and files. How can I do it, if it's possible? I think that creating a system image does...
  10. I want create a copy of my system on an external drive operating system and apps and files....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade