Windows 10: How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps

Discus and support How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I create hot keys for the desktop apps? Similar to what you can do with installed programs. I do not want to create a hot key for a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by snowshed, Dec 13, 2019.

1. snowshed Win User

How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps

How do I create hot keys for the desktop apps? Similar to what you can do with installed programs.

I do not want to create a hot key for a desktop shortcut. No desktop shortcuts allowed.

This applies to all desktop apps, not just the single one you are forced to select.

Windows 10 1909

:)

snowshed, Dec 13, 2019

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Hot keys

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

If you want to disable 'Hot keys related to Display" in Windows 10,

Kindly follow these steps.

1. Right click on desktop

2. If you see Graphics Options, you can 'disable' Hot keys in sub menu itself.

3. If you see Graphics properties, in Options and Support, you can 'disable' Hot keys.

If Hot keys (Shortcut keys) are in Multimedia keyboard, you can use software associated with it, you can enable or disable the hot keys from the keyboard itself.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

GaneshGandhi1982, Dec 13, 2019
  4. How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps

Unable to access Hot keys from keyboard for Calculator and Web on Windows 10

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you set any commands to access Hot keys?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers from the device manufacturer's website
    • Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager and expand
      Keyboard.
    • Right click on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software and click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Follow on-screen instructions

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps

1. How can I create a keyboard hot key for desktop apps - Similar Threads - create keyboard hot

2. hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    hot keys: how to disable hot keys win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/5f94d57f-aa17-4f41-a873-0a70e94211ac
  3. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Keys: When I press F7 it is supposed to pause, but it doesn't. When I press Nn F7 it also doesn't pause. I have an air mouse which has a pause button but that also doesn't work please help!!!...
  4. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I updated my Windows and I can not use my hot keys or short or short key like Ctrl+C or Ctrl +F. I already change configuration on the ControL Panel and it did not work : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/99efe8be-59aa-40ae-bd92-1b8fcdf27694
  5. Hot key mute companion app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hot key mute companion app: what is the hot key for the mute on the companion app? I cant seem to find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key-mute-companion-app/5855662a-039c-4cb0-a065-9970307c76e4
  6. Hot key

Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  7. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  8. How can I create a shortcut to desktop?

How can I create a shortcut to desktop?: A new version of Windows 10 has no way to create shortcuts to my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-shortcut-to-desktop/f34335b0-ea8d-42f5-b9ad-e0b25646d620
  9. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc
  10. How can I disable all keyboard hot keys?

How can I disable all keyboard hot keys?: I did not find a post to place this at so I'm sorry If its in the wrong forum. Hello Im looking for away to disable all the hot keys like Ctrl Alt Delete etc. How can I do this. I'm making a program and when its open no one can get out of it. Thanks 57391