Windows 10: How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down?

Discus and support How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know there used to be a quicker way to ask simple usage questions. I used to be able to allow the laptop various times to close. Now that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KateLacy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. KateLacy Win User

How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down?

I know there used to be a quicker way to ask simple usage questions. I used to be able to allow the laptop various times to close. Now that doesn't seem possible. Thank you to whoever helps with an answer.

:)

KateLacy, Apr 29, 2019

2. set the updated when shut down the laptop

Hi,

Installing the updates on your device will make sure that your PC is on its maximum performance. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you pause the updates on your computer from the
    Settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security.
    • Under the Update settings section, click Advanced options.
    • Turn on the Pause Updates under the Choose when updates are installed
      section.
    • It will temporarily pause the updates on your device for 35 days.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 29, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Apr 29, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down? - Similar Threads - create longer pause

2. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low": Hello, I had turned off hibernation a week before. Since then, whenever it gets a low battery, my laptop shuts down automatically earlier it used to hibernate, so at least I could get my things back. What to do so that the warning comes before the laptop shuts down.Thank you!...
  3. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low": Hello, I had turned off hibernation a week before. Since then, whenever it gets a low battery, my laptop shuts down automatically earlier it used to hibernate, so at least I could get my things back. What to do so that the warning comes before the laptop shuts down.Thank you!...
  4. Laptop Shuts Down a second before it displays "Battery low"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs.: When shutting down I need to close file explorer before it shut downs. This used to not happen to me. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-shutting-down-i-need-to-close-file-explorer/8da84e04-e5fa-4010-8324-64a9da339890
  6. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up: Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the screen dims but does not sleep or shutdown. It will shutdown, then restart but shut back down. Automatic repair would pop up a...
  7. Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up

Laptop shuts down multiple times before starting up: Using Windows 10. My laptop would be running fine, then it would just shut down if I leave it along for several minutes. I have it set so that the screen dims but does not sleep or shutdown. It will shutdown, then restart but shut back down. Automatic repair would pop up a...
  8. How can I change the battery level for my laptop to shut down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I change the battery level for my laptop to shut down?: its really annoying because at 5% it just shuts down with no warning whatsoever and loses everything i had saved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-battery-level-for-my-laptop/7089243c-5997-4916-b787-54a50bfad4ce
  9. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4
  10. BSOD before shutting down

BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...