Windows 10: How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down?

Discus and support How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I know there used to be a quicker way to ask simple usage questions. I used to be able to allow the laptop various times to close. Now that doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KateLacy, Apr 29, 2019.

1. KateLacy Win User

How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down?

I know there used to be a quicker way to ask simple usage questions. I used to be able to allow the laptop various times to close. Now that doesn't seem possible. Thank you to whoever helps with an answer.

:)

KateLacy, Apr 29, 2019

2. set the updated when shut down the laptop

Hi,

Installing the updates on your device will make sure that your PC is on its maximum performance. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you pause the updates on your computer from the
    Settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Update & security.
    • Under the Update settings section, click Advanced options.
    • Turn on the Pause Updates under the Choose when updates are installed
      section.
    • It will temporarily pause the updates on your device for 35 days.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Apr 29, 2019
  3. silkstone Win User
    Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Apr 29, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I create a longer pause before the laptop shuts down? - Similar Threads - create longer pause

2. Create a Shortcut to shut down the computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a Shortcut to shut down the computer.: Win 10 version 1809 I would like to create a shortcut to shutdown the computer and have created one following the instructions in How to Create A Shutdown Shortcut on Windows 10 Desktop but I can't make it work. Nothing happens when I double click the shortcut's icon. Will...
  3. How can I make my pc "shut down" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I make my pc "shut down" ?: My HP laptop is using Win 10...… Most of the time it will not " shut down "...… this is very annoying and not good for the pc to be turned off by holding down the power button. I tried holding down the "shift" key when I pushed shut down...…. it even worked for awhile,...
  4. Laptop randomly shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly shuts down: Hello, mywhen i have the power adapter plugged in. When i plug it out it works wihtout any problems. I got a Screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer does that tell anything about that? I got a Toshiba Satellite L750-16V with Windows10x64. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. can i make my laptop shut down when i close

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i make my laptop shut down when i close: how do I set my laptop to shut down when I close it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/can-i-make-my-laptop-shut-down-when-i-close/df42e025-0ba6-4d23-910f-5fe3e4f99fd6
  6. BSOD before shutting down

BSOD before shutting down: When I shut down my laptop, the screen went black like normal shutdown, but suddenly BSOD with IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL. Device Model: ASUS X450LCP (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/X450LC/HelpDesk_Download/) Here is the minidump file:...
  7. shut down of laptop by Microsoft

shut down of laptop by Microsoft: I received a message on my laptop screen that said "Thread stuck in device driver." Microsoft then shutdown & restarted laptop. Can anyone tell me what that message means?...
  8. Shutting down Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down Laptop: From time to time when powering down my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 17) , the two blue lights in front remain on & I need to take out the battery I would like to know what is possibly causing this and how I can get it corrected 41521
  9. Laptop not shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not shutting down: Hi my laptop doesn't shut down and I have to force shut it down for it to turn off I have turned quick start up off but it still doesn't shut down I have an Acer laptop 52040
  10. Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down: When I sign out of my user profile on my 2 Acer laptops and then click shut down, the computer goes black indicating that it is shutting down. However, the power light blinks until it shuts down completely. I don't know if it's a hardware issue or what but when hibernation is...