Windows 10: How can I create a new app password

Discus and support How can I create a new app password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; To create a new app password, this page says: Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account. Select More security options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zulfikar Zubair, Sep 5, 2019.

1. How can I create a new app password

To create a new app password, this page says:
    • Go to the Security basics page and sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Select More security options.
    • Under App passwords, select Create a new app password. A new app password is generated and appears on your screen.
    But I have found no 'App passwords' option/button in that page. Please help — how can I do this?

:)

Zulfikar Zubair, Sep 5, 2019

2. Security, creating new app passwords

Why when I create one new app password from a device, my activity shows that I have created it 3 times?

Session activity

App password created

Successful sign-in

App password created

Successful sign-in

App password created

Successful sign-in

DavidDavieshelp, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Create Password Rest Disk

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Note

• A password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts. If your computer is on a domain, a system administrator can reset your domain password. For Microsoft accounts you can reset the password by following the steps below
      • Sign in to your Microsoft account, then select
        Security & privacy.
      • Select Change password.
      • Enter your current password, then the new password that you want to use, then enter the new password again.
      • Select Save.

Try the following steps to create a password reset disk for a local user account.

• Login to your computer using the local account you want to create a password reset disk for.
    • Insert a USB drive or SD card into the computer.
    • Type Create a password reset disk and select it
    • Click Next.
    • Select the location to create the password key disk and click Next.
    • Enter your account password and click Next.
    • Click Next, then click Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

How can I create a new app password

How do you create a password in Windows 10 when you never used one before.

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key.
    • Select setting.
    • Click on accounts.
    • Select sign-in-options.
    • Under password click on Add and create a new password.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

How can I create a new app password

1. How can I create a new app password - Similar Threads - create app password

2. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?: Yesterday I couldn't log in my pc because it said "you tried too many times to log in, try again after 2 hours" and after 4 hours it still said the same thing so i decided to click on forgot password. And now I can't make a new pincode, no matter what I do. I went to the...
  3. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?: Yesterday I couldn't log in my pc because it said "you tried too many times to log in, try again after 2 hours" and after 4 hours it still said the same thing so i decided to click on forgot password. And now I can't make a new pincode, no matter what I do. I went to the...
  4. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I create a new admin password: I had been using my PIN for sign on with administrator access. I had to restore my PC and when it completed my PIN had gone. The PC and I are getting on in years so I can't remember the password and the hint isn't working as it should. There was no other administrator. Now I...
  6. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I create a new admin password: I had been using my PIN for sign on with administrator access. I had to restore my PC and when it completed my PIN had gone. The PC and I are getting on in years so I can't remember the password and the hint isn't working as it should. There was no other administrator. Now I...
  7. how do I create a new admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How can I create a device password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a device password?: I know my Microsoft password and my device PIN I would like to know to find the device password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-device-password/29e05cda-808b-42b2-93bb-2e0c8f339909
  9. Keep creating new password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep creating new password: for a bit over a year, my computer has kept asking me to make a new password for my profile about once every week. I have to log in with my Microsoft password after which i have to enter my Microsoft password again, and create a new password for the computer. I don't...
  10. Security, creating new app passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security, creating new app passwords: Why when I create one new app password from a device, my activity shows that I have created it 3 times? Session activity App password created Successful sign-in App password created Successful sign-in App password created Successful sign-in...