Windows 10: How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10?

Discus and support How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the recovery partition (500mb) for Windows 10. My PC is custom built so it wasn't a OEM recovery partition in most laptops. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/th0m454nd3r50nlllqqo, Mar 18, 2020.

1. How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10?

I accidentally deleted the recovery partition (500mb) for Windows 10. My PC is custom built so it wasn't a OEM recovery partition in most laptops. Now, i'm freak out about the consequences in the long run. The weird thing is i was able to delete and format it in Window's Disk Management while a lot of posts on the internet say that it requires third party softwares to do such things. Does anybody knows how it can affect my system and is there anyway to create a new one without reinstalling from scratch???

submitted by /u/th0m454nd3r50nlllqqo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/th0m454nd3r50nlllqqo, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 18, 2020
  3. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10?

How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10?

1. How can i create a new recovery partition (accidentally deleted) for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - create recovery partition

2. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  3. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  4. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can I create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a recovery partition?: So yesterday, I clean installed 11 Pro for Workstations using DISM, and I thought applying the image might create a recovery partition. But it's not there. How can I create a recovery partition? Also I would like to access it....
  6. How can I create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create a recovery partition?: So yesterday, I clean installed 11 Pro for Workstations using DISM, and I thought applying the image might create a recovery partition. But it's not there. How can I create a recovery partition? Also I would like to access it....
  7. Accidentally deleted MSR and recovery partitions. How do I make new ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted MSR and recovery partitions. How do I make new ones?: Because I'm a dummy, I deleted partitions on my main drive instead of a same sized other one. The computer can still boot but can't shot down, sleep or hibernate, it can only restart (so now I have to long press the power button to shut down). Also I can't start the "refresh...
  8. How to create Windows 10 recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create Windows 10 recovery partition: Hi all, I have a question in regards to windows recovery. My lenovo y50-70 laptop (currently using) came with their recover software Onekey (which has since been bought out and not supported). Because I also have Ubuntu and MacOS installed on this same machine (and so had to...
  9. Reset Windows 10 even if Recovery Partition is (accidentally) deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10 even if Recovery Partition is (accidentally) deleted: I bought my device with Windows 10 as pre-installed OS. Due to *careless* activity, I accidentally deleted the recovery partition of the hard disk. If some day I wanted to do a Windows 10 reset, will the reset process be failed? I wanted to order for recovery disk from my...
  10. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...