Windows 10: How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu...

Discus and support How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am aware that we can create new functions in the Context Menu, but I didn't find anything about creating from a template. Not even sure if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lupin-7, Mar 13, 2020.

1. How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu...

I am aware that we can create new functions in the Context Menu, but I didn't find anything about creating from a template. Not even sure if it is possible.

submitted by /u/Lupin-7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lupin-7, Mar 13, 2020

2. Problems creatinga new Word 2010 .docx via Windows Explorer context menu based on custom template

Susan, I want the file to open with a name (generic) in the open folder.

However, I am now giving up this effort, because there seem to be now way that Word 2010 can be

created based on a custom template using the Windows Explorer shortcut menu.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Hans L

HansLeander, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Problems creatinga new Word 2010 .docx via Windows Explorer context menu based on custom template

I have followed instructions on the Web and by fellow users to try to create a new Word 2010 .docx (based on a custom template) via the Windows Explorer context menu. Here is what I have done in the Registry:

Full FileName is : C:\Users\HansPL\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Custom_2018-07-03.dotx

When I right-click in Windows Explorer, once (I believe), I got a Word file that I could open, but it was based on Normal.dotm.

Every time after that, when I create a new file with the default name "New Microsoft Word Document.docx", and I try to open it, I get the following error message:

"The file New Microsoft Word Document.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents"

This does not seem to be such a difficult thing to do, but I am failing. What am I overlooking? What can I do?

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and Office 2010.

Thank in advance for your help.

Hans L

HansLeander, Mar 13, 2020
  4. How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu...

Problems creatinga new Word 2010 .docx via Windows Explorer context menu based on custom template

Why don't you just start Word and then use File>New and select the template from which you want the document to be created?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu...

1. How can I create a new Word Document using a custom template from Windows Context Menu... - Similar Threads - create Word Document

2. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  3. Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click > Open for a Word template in Windows 11 creates a new document based on the...: I do not know that this is a bug. It may be by design, but it is a change.I saw this in another forum and thought it should be passed on.The norm since at least Office 97 in Windows has been that if you right-click on a template file in Explorer and choose Open you open that...
  4. [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?: Hi! My name is Motias.I need your help with one issue.Is there a way to force reposition or sort by FileName in the New context menu?I want alphabetical order: Adobe After Effects,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Premire Project,Aegisub Advanced SSA,etc...on default, i have order by...
  5. [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

[ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?: Hi! My name is Motias.I need your help with one issue.Is there a way to force reposition or sort by FileName in the New context menu?I want alphabetical order: Adobe After Effects,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Premire Project,Aegisub Advanced SSA,etc...on default, i have order by...
  6. Creating and using template documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  7. Creating and using template documents

Creating and using template documents: I'm a programmer coming back to Windows 11 from Linux after 2 years. And I have gotten used one particular feature that is extremely useful but seems to either be completely absent from Windows or is completely obscured from regular users because its hard to get working when...
  8. New Word and PowerPoint Document is not visible in context menu!Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Word and PowerPoint Document is not visible in context menu!Help!: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/5d6dtyvdr6361.png?width=303&format=png&auto=webp&s=116d8d6c7cee5afeaea814593eb8fa0ddeebc856 submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments]...
  9. Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu: Hello Community, The option for creating new "Text Document" is no longer available in Windows context menu. What's wrong. Please help me. [ATTACH]...
  10. How can I create a template document using Avery 8164 while using word in Windows10? The...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create a template document using Avery 8164 while using word in Windows10? The...: I need instructions on how to create a label template document (like Avery 8164) using Word in Windows 10? The usual guidelines do not seem to be working for me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cxant create new word from context menu