Windows 10: How Can I create a system image on my SD card?

Discus and support How Can I create a system image on my SD card? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have already formatted it to NTFS but it will not allow me to create a system image. Someone please explain how to create a system image on SD card.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AtomicBlastoid1, Jan 5, 2020.

1. How Can I create a system image on my SD card?

I have already formatted it to NTFS but it will not allow me to create a system image. Someone please explain how to create a system image on SD card.

:)

AtomicBlastoid1, Jan 5, 2020

2. Unable to view images in SD Card

Original title: 32gb SD Card

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in trying to solve the issue.

I suggest you to check the size of the SD drive and the size of the image in the SD drive. If there is any change in the size, the images might be hidden. So I suggest you to unhide the hidden files by following the steps below.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/(copy and paste) the command below:
    attrib –h –r -s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the Last letter "D" by the drive letter as per the system

assigned for your flash drive)

3. Type Exit and press Enter.

Now open the SD card and check for the status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Why can't a system image backup include the micro SD card that all my programs and apps are installed on???

Hi,

We understand that you'd like to use your Micro SD card for your system image backup. To create a system image of a drive, it must be formatted to use the NTFS file system. If you save the system image on a hard drive or USB flash drive, it must be formatted
    to use the NTFS file system. For us to help you with this, kindly follow the steps below to format your Micro SD card with our built in tool to use the NTFS file system:

Note: Make sure to back up all the contents of your Micro SD card into another storage before performing the steps below.

• Insert the SD card into an SD card reader and connect it to your computer's USB port.
    • Click Computer and it will listed as SD card under Devices with removable storage. Right-click the SD card and select
      Format.
    • Click on the drop down menu labeled File System in the new window, select
      NTFS and click the Start button to start the SD card formatting job.
    • Transfer all the contents into your newly formatted SD card so you can use it as storage in your Windows machine.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jan 5, 2020
  4. How Can I create a system image on my SD card?

Format SD Card

Hi! BarryKeane

I'm Marvin an Independent Advisor, and I will help you with your issue.

Try with this

Method 1. Run Diskpart to Format SD Card That Won't Format

Step 1. Press Windows key and R key at the same time, type cmd in the Run box, hit Enter to open the command prompt(cmd.exe).

Step 2. Type diskpart to run Diskpart Utility.

Step 3. Type list disk to list the drives on the computer.

Step 4. Type select disk 1 (The number should be replaced by the exact drive number of your SD card).

Step 5. Type clean to run the clean utility (this will wipe all data on the SD card so make sure you saved a copy or backup of the card data).

Step 6. Type create partition primary to create a new partition on the SD card.

Step 7. Type select partition 1 (it should be the newly created partition on step 6).

Step 8. Type active to make the partition active.

Step 9. Type format fs=ntfs (or format fs=fat32)to format the partition to the desired file system.

If you still having problems with this, I will be around to help you.

Regards.

MarvinStewart1, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

How Can I create a system image on my SD card?

1. How Can I create a system image on my SD card? - Similar Threads - create system image

2. hello! how can i decrypt a SD card on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! how can i decrypt a SD card on my PC?: Hello! i want reset my SD card on this PC but i can't, because, the system can't bypass encryption for formatting.it recommends me to decrypt first and then format the SD card.but no matter how much i search,i can't find a way to decrypt it on this PC.this is why i need your...
  3. hello! how can i decrypt a SD card on my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! how can i decrypt a SD card on my PC?: Hello! i want reset my SD card on this PC but i can't, because, the system can't bypass encryption for formatting.it recommends me to decrypt first and then format the SD card.but no matter how much i search,i can't find a way to decrypt it on this PC.this is why i need your...
  4. how can i create system back up on an SD card for win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i create system back up on an SD card for win 11?: I would like to know what the easiest way is to create a system backup on SD card for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-system-back-up-on-an-sd-card-for/deabbc27-963b-436a-a586-269ac3fe88c0
  5. how can i create system back up on an SD card for win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i create system back up on an SD card for win 11?: I would like to know what the easiest way is to create a system backup on SD card for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-system-back-up-on-an-sd-card-for/deabbc27-963b-436a-a586-269ac3fe88c0
  6. How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convert a Fuji Camera SD card to a PC usable SD card?: My Fuji digital camera has formatted it's SD card for it's own use. I can read the pictures in my Windows 10 PC, but I cannot reformat the card so I can use it for other things. Every attempt to reformat the SD card returns the error message about the card being "wright...
  7. A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A simple thing of creating an disk image to a 64gb SD card.: I have Windows 10 I'm on a PC I want to create a simple disk image. I have, the largest I have, is a 64gb MicroSD. Placed in a SD card adapter. I have plugged this into the card reader on the PC and when I click on Create a Disk Image it does not find that as a SD as a...
  8. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...
  9. Can I regain use of my SD card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I regain use of my SD card?: I have a 64 GB SD Card which is about 50% free. It has been used as an additional backup for files, no longer required. I want to use it in my new Android MiNote 7 phone, to replace a 1 GB card which will soon be full. But I am now unable to either delete the Windows files,...
  10. Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I switch OneDrive to my SD card?: I am using a Windows 10 PC Stick with my TV with limited storage. I do have plenty of space available on my SD Card installed on the Stick. Can I switch OneDrive, (which is using 10.8Gb's of space), from C disk to my SD Card in File Explorer., & how do I do it? All my...