Windows 10: How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?

Discus and support How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Windows and I have finally gotten it the way I want it with all needed software installed and uninstalled. This as most people know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ryevick, Aug 19, 2020.

1. ryevick Win User

How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?

I just reinstalled Windows and I have finally gotten it the way I want it with all needed software installed and uninstalled. This as most people know is a big deal and something you don't want to do if you don't have to. I'm ready to create a system image backup but the one thing that needs to be fixed before I do that is, my icons frequently have black squares over most of the icon. This problem is easily fixed if I run Disk Cleanup and delete the thumbnails. After Windows starts back up the issue is fixed.

I want to have thumbnails deleted every time my system shuts down or restarts... automatically. How can I do this?

:)

ryevick, Aug 19, 2020

2. Issue with the automatically restarts in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that the computer is getting restarted automatically.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Also check the Event Viewer logs at the time of the automatic restart. Refer the link below for steps to access the Event Viewer on Windows 10.

Event viewer-- What is going on in your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stop automatic restart

Hi Hemanth,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Does the computer restarts only when you wake the system from sleep mode?

• While the computer restarts, do you see that the updates are getting installed on the restart screen?
    Until you reply to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions.

If the computer is restarting only while you wake it up from the sleep mode, follow the below steps and check if the computer is getting restarted even after scheduling the computer to restart at the particular time.

Step 1:

You may try to turn the sleep and display to never and check to isolate the issue.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Change the Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep to Never
    If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Turn off the hybrid sleep and check if it helps. (If it is turned on already in power settings)

• Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings.

• Click on Advanced Power settings.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. (Enter administrator credentials if prompted)

• Find the Sleep and double click on it.

• Double click on Allow hybrid sleep and turn the settings to
      OFF.

• Click on Apply and close the Power options window.
    If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 3:

Create the new power plan and check if it helps.

• Click on Create a power plan on the left navigation pane.

• Enter your new power plan name in the Plan name text box and click on
      Next.

• Follow the below instructions and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 19, 2020
  4. How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?

Windows 10 automatically restarts after every booting and sleep/hibernate mode

Thank you for the answer but it still doesn't help. I've also tried this and it didn't help either:

Method 1: I suggest you to run a Power troubleshooter

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select “Power”

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Try the followings steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following command at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • Close the CMD window

Mario Šekelja, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?

1. How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart? - Similar Threads - Create Automatic Task

2. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  3. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  4. My Asus Windows 10 is not powering on every time after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Asus Windows 10 is not powering on every time after I shut it down or restart it.: Every time I try to power it on, It just shows a black screen with a little line at the top left corner. At first I only had to try pressing the power button 1 or 2 times for it to turn on, but now it takes around 30 tries. And whenever I power it on I already know that it is...
  5. My Asus Windows 10 is not powering on every time after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Windows 10 is not powering on every time after I shut it down or restart it.: Every time I try to power it on, It just shows a black screen with a little line at the top left corner. At first I only had to try pressing the power button 1 or 2 times for it to turn on, but now it takes around 30 tries. And whenever I power it on I already know that it is...
  6. My Asus Windows 10 is not powering on every time after I shut it down or restart it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. every time I restart my computer there is a file created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time I restart my computer there is a file created: I try to delete those files but when I restart it again, it appears again, It created an Extention in every browser on my computer, is this a virus?the extension looks like this...
  8. Windows shut down and restart automatically when I press power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows shut down and restart automatically when I press power button: When I press power on button in my laptop, It start for 1 second and accidentally shutting down giving a sound in laptop and it restart automatically within 2-3 seconds. After that laptop operates normally.My laptop still used only 1 month. Windows is installed on SSD. But...
  9. How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Can I Create An Automatic Task Every Time I Power Down Or Restart?: I just reinstalled Windows and I have finally gotten it the way I want it with all needed software installed and uninstalled. This as most people know is a big deal and something you don't want to do if you don't have to. I'm ready to create a system image backup but the one...
  10. How to automatically restart the PC every time it shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically restart the PC every time it shuts down: Hello, So I will have to leave my office for 15-20 days but I would like to use my pc there remotely. I have been using TeamViewer for similar situations for many months and everything works perfectly. I am concerned that in case of my pc shutting down (accidentally I shut...