Windows 10: How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

Discus and support How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before expiring date? Basically to not let them log in in any ms365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ivan Antonia, Feb 27, 2024.

1. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before expiring date? Basically to not let them log in in any ms365 apps until they chamge the password?

:)

Ivan Antonia, Feb 27, 2024

2. Forcing password change on logon (Win 10 + Azure AD)

Hello,

My company is using limited version of Azure AD and tasked me to force users to change their password regularly. When first installing system during initial setup of AD on Win 10 there was prompt to change password, but now when i reset users password all
    i get is short unsafe one time password. From what i found user should be prompted to change. Obviously no such thing happens, what i noticed is that they are forced to change password once loged with their credentials on microsoft Sign in to your account .
    I find this very inconvenient and i'm wondering if there is a way to force it during login as on local account.

WoolTick6630518, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Domain Password Policy Update User Impact

Hi there,

I'm looking for some guidance on what the user impact would be if the password policy GPO was updated on the domain.

I'm looking to request from the users to update their passwords based on the password policies without enforcing them to change it upon next logon. Based on the existing policy and updated policies mentioned below, would there be any immediate impact that would force the users to change their passwords?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The current password policy (settings in BOLD will be updated):

• Enforce Password History: 5 Passwords remembered
    • Max Password Age: 90 days
    • Minimum Password Age: 0 days
    • Minimum Password Length: 11 characters
    • Password Must meet complexity requirements: Enabled

• Account lockout threshold: 6
    • Account lockout duration: 30 minutes
    • Reset account lockout counter after: 30 minutes

The updated password policy:

• Enforce Password History: 5 Passwords remembered
    • Max Password Age: 0 days (no expiry)
    • Minimum Password Age: 1 day
    • Minimum Password Length: 11 characters
    • Password Must meet complexity: Disabled

• Account lockout threshold: 10
    • Account lockout duration: 15 minutes
    • Reset account lockout counter after: 15 minutes

George Abou-Samra, Feb 27, 2024
  4. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired user able to login with the password in device. I want to apply the password change prompt.

Currently, we have three ways to login into the system.

1. Password through
    2. PIN through
    3. Fingerprint through

Now, we have a policy in place for 60 days, the password should expire. Ideally, the user should get a prompt up on the screen at the time of password expiration, to change the password.

In case the user logs in through PIN or Fingerprint, MS Teams, and MS outlook such an application should prompt up to.

But that is not happening. So we need to implement this forcefully and the user has to change the password(in case of password expires) login into the system.

Sanjeev Rathor1, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

1. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before... - Similar Threads - create Azure policy

2. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  3. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  4. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...: How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before expiring date? Basically to not let them log in in any ms365 apps until they chamge the password?...
  6. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...: How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before expiring date? Basically to not let them log in in any ms365 apps until they chamge the password?...
  7. How can i create an Azure policy or something to force users too change password before...

8. I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...: Currently, we have three ways to login into the system. Password throughPIN throughFingerprint through Now, we have a policy in place for 60 days, the password should expire. Ideally, the user should get a prompt up on the screen at the time of password expiration, to change...
  9. I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...

I have applied force password change for Azure AD users, but after the password expired...: Currently, we have three ways to login into the system. Password throughPIN throughFingerprint through Now, we have a policy in place for 60 days, the password should expire. Ideally, the user should get a prompt up on the screen at the time of password expiration, to change...
  10. Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forcing password change on logon Win 10 + Azure AD: Hello, My company is using limited version of Azure AD and tasked me to force users to change their password regularly. When first installing system during initial setup of AD on Win 10 there was prompt to change password, but now when i reset users password all i get is...