Windows 10: How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

Discus and support How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to have 700 GB in my new created drive example E or F how would I do this exactly? To create the drive and so on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0? d4edd1b1-d834-4895-92db-c33d7f1877e6?upload=true.jpg

I want to have 700 GB in my new created drive example E or F how would I do this exactly? To create the drive and so on?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CHow can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 14, 2019
  4. GiaChang Win User

How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

Hi all,

I need some advice on whether it is possible - and if yes, how to merge my C drive on disk 0 with D drive on disk 1.

The problem is: my C drive is getting full soon, but previously after I deleted D drive and make it unallocated space (the bar of current D drive will change to black from blue), I still cannot expand C drive by adding the 100GB unallocated space into it.
    If I right click on C drive, the "expand" item is in gray.

I've searched online for solutions but so far only have seen same questions around. Does any one know the solution and do a big favor to explain how to do it step by step? Thanks much in advance!

P.S, sorry that the interface is not in English. Below page shows the "Disk Management" function, and you can see that:

1) Disk 0 has 55.78G, including C drive (55.21GB), 100MB of something I don't know what it is, and 473MB of recovery zone

2) Disk 1 has 100GB D drive, and 831.51GB E drive

How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0? 4d9a7925-db40-474e-9e8b-8352ef8dcf4a.jpg

GiaChang, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0?

1. How can I create Unallocated space with my OS (C) drive and create a new drive in Disk 0? - Similar Threads - create Unallocated space

2. Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space: I'm trying to create a dev drive in Windows 11 on some unallocated space, however when I try I get this error message:Unable to format volume. Error: Cannot perform the requested operation when the drive is read-only 8The unallocated space changes to 'RAW' in disk managment....
  3. Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create a dev drive on unallocated space: I'm trying to create a dev drive in Windows 11 on some unallocated space, however when I try I get this error message:Unable to format volume. Error: Cannot perform the requested operation when the drive is read-only 8The unallocated space changes to 'RAW' in disk managment....
  4. How can I add unallocated space of different drives to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add unallocated space of different drives to C drive: Hi All,I have shrunk space from my other drive consider F and G drive. Now is there a way to extend the volume of C drive using the unallocated volume of the other drives. The "Extend Volume" option is greyed out for my C drive. Is there any way for this? Thank you!!...
  5. How can I add unallocated space of different drives to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add unallocated space of different drives to C drive: Hi All,I have shrunk space from my other drive consider F and G drive. Now is there a way to extend the volume of C drive using the unallocated volume of the other drives. The "Extend Volume" option is greyed out for my C drive. Is there any way for this? Thank you!!...
  6. How can I add unallocated space of different drives to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Unallocated space on C drive

Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  8. I can not create a storage space with C: drive ?

I can not create a storage space with C: drive ?: Hi I was thinking to create a pool of two SSD for performance but when I try I get all my drives except the C: drive so I can not make a pool with the C: drive ? [img] 147383
  9. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...
  10. How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create extra space Disk Space on my C Drive?: [ATTACH] I need extra Disk Space on my C Drive it is currently at 117 MB how can I increase it to 1 TB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-extra-space-disk-space-on-my-c/1f4a723f-ee42-4e52-a28f-c346f6d03341"