Windows 10: How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly?

Discus and support How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; by default a win10 home or pro appears to want to use a ms account with pin. However, I want to use traditional local user accounts. How can I do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MetroP, Nov 8, 2020.

1. MetroP Win User

How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly?

by default a win10 home or pro appears to want to use a ms account with pin.

However, I want to use traditional local user accounts. How can I do this?

Where can I create accounts?

:)

MetroP, Nov 8, 2020

2. User accounts, PIN login & Account Settings not working anymore in Windows 10 Build 14316

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Please reply, did you check if the built-in administrator account was enabled before rebooting the PC?

Please enable the built-in administrator account by following the steps suggested in the above post, lock the PC (Press
    Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard) and check if the built-in administrator user is enabled on the PC.

If enabled, login into the built-in administrator account and check in the
    Control panel if the accounts created on the PC are shown. To check the accounts created in
    Control panel, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Select User accounts and click on User accounts
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Manage another account and check if the accounts created on the PC is shown in the window.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro (1703): Unable to create new user accounts

Corrupt User Profiles are common in Windows, especially after the upgrade from Windows 8.1/7 to Windows 10, and various solutions for this problem could be applied, depending on the situation and error message you receive. Users say that user profile can
    become corrupted because a lot of things, so we don’t know exactly what causing this issue.

Follow these workaround to create a new user profile.

• Restart your computer, and login to the admin account again (it’s better to use this account, than account you just created)
    • Navigate to the corrupt user account (it’s on the disk you have Windows installed on (usually CHow can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly? :), under Users)
    • Open your corrupted user profile and copy content form it to your new user profile
    • Once everything is done, logout from your admin account, and log back in to the new account, and your settings should be transferred.
    Also, check if you enabling hidden admin account will resolve the issue. Follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer and boot into
      Safe Mode.
    • Open Command Prompt (by right-clicking on the Start Menu button, and choosing Command Prompt Admin)
    • Type in the following command and press Enter: net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should get “The command completed successfully” message. Reboot your computer.

You have activated the admin account, and it will be available to login on the next boot. So, when your computer starts, just login into the admin account and follow the steps below, to create a new user profile:

• Go to Settings, and then to Accounts
    • Go to Family and other users
    • Click on Add someone else to this computer
    • Follow the instructions and finish the creation of new users profile.

We hope this solution helped you to restore your user profile.

Haidae Tam, Nov 8, 2020
  4. How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly?

Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly?

1. How can I create user accounts on PC under win 10 pro and login accordingly? - Similar Threads - create user accounts

2. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  3. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can it be legal to force users to create an account?: During the setup of a new Windows PC, users CANNOT bypass the creation of an account with this company, neither there’s any instruction how to escape the dialog. This company deliberately conceals any guidance on how to opt out. Except for Windows itself, I do not use and...
  4. how can it be legal to force users to create an account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I re-create built-in user account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-create built-in user account on Windows 10?: Greetings,I would like to ask about a built-in user account that seems to have issues with having explorer.exe running in the background. When logged in, the screen stays on black screen, no start, nothing visible, but ctrl+alt+delete works and opening task manager is...
  6. How can I re-create built-in user account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I re-create built-in user account on Windows 10?: Greetings,I would like to ask about a built-in user account that seems to have issues with having explorer.exe running in the background. When logged in, the screen stays on black screen, no start, nothing visible, but ctrl+alt+delete works and opening task manager is...
  7. How can I re-create built-in user account on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Can I login with a work account as an user to Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I login with a work account as an user to Windows 10 Pro?: I successfully logged in with my Microsoft account. But, I want to login as a different user with a work account not a Microsoft account. How can I do this in Windows 10 Pro?...
  9. How can I create an iCloud account? iCloud Email Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I create an iCloud account? iCloud Email Login: Users occasionally reported that they heard about iCloud, but don't have enough information about it. Is that so? If yes, no need to worry. This guide will provide you all the essential information of iCloud, such as its benefits, uses, and how to create an iCloud account....
  10. Win-10 How do I create a generic user account template?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win-10 How do I create a generic user account template?: Greetings! No, I'm not a huge, fancy, IT admin type guy - though I have worked with computers for decades. . . . I DO get the plum task of configuring, setting-up, fixing, (etc.) computers for everyone in the family, etc. What happens is that I either build out a...