Windows 10: How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders?

Discus and support How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that I can assign a template to folders to denote how Windows should treat the contents. I.e. General, Music, Pictures, etc. I also know that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidCHC, Oct 30, 2018.

1. DavidCHC Win User

How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders?

I know that I can assign a template to folders to denote how Windows should treat the contents. I.e. General, Music, Pictures, etc.

I also know that I can custom the columns for a folder. But how can I customize the columns in the template?

Example: I have dozens of folders containing Pictures. The column "Tags" is shown by default for folder denoted as containing Pictures. However, "Tags" useless for me but "Date taken" and "Camera model" would be helpful.

How can I change the default Pictures folder template to contain the columns that I need so that each time I assign it to a folder the correct columns are shown?

:)

DavidCHC, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 31, 2018
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. ex_reven Win User

How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders?

Custom Folder Pictures dont work?

Hey guys, ive found that in the majority of folders i create on my computer im able to assign pictures to them as seen below.

This is in my "MY DOCUMENTS" folder, as you can see, im able to apply a folder image to the folder named "NEW COMPUTER" but when I right click my "MY PICTURES" folder there is no option available to allow me to set a folder picture.

Why is this?

ex_reven, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I customize the default Pictures folder template for all Picture folders? - Similar Threads - customize default Pictures

2. There is no folder picture in my customized properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no folder picture in my customized properties: Same as question but I dont have the folder picture in the circle here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-folder-picture-in-my-customized/bf0f8e18-cbb9-4c7b-9b2a-a497cffc8171
  3. There is no folder picture in my customized properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no folder picture in my customized properties: Same as question but I dont have the folder picture in the circle here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-folder-picture-in-my-customized/bf0f8e18-cbb9-4c7b-9b2a-a497cffc8171
  4. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  5. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  6. Change Default Location of Picture Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Default Location of Picture Folder: I want to change the default location of my pictures folder from out of my OneDrive and just under the main user folder. I keep getting this error. Is there a workaround for this?...
  7. Pictures in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in Pictures folder: The pictures in my pictures folder are downloaded to my hard drive, but today I looked in the folder and they were gone. It could be a OneDrive thing or the fact that i imported photos with the photos app last night. I would like to get my pictures back....
  8. Picture it templates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Picture it templates: I got a free version of Picture It with my Wallet Glossy Digital Photo Paper and the program will NOT install on Windows 10. Where can I get the templates I need since this program had them on it?...
  9. Restore all folder picture defaults at once?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore all folder picture defaults at once?: Even after Adobe's "fix" for this issue, .pdf thumbnails remain a problem in 64 bit systems (ie: pretty much all of them now). Adobe Reader will finally generate thumbnails (most of the time), but they often show up as blanks in the thumbnail of the folder they are in. You...
  10. Default Pictures Folder is Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Pictures Folder is Gone: For some reason, my picture folder is in "Quick Access" pinned. When I go into the properties of the Photos folder that is pinned in "Quick Access", I look at the locations tab and it says it's in my User Folder. Though it does not appear inside of the User Folder, whereas...