Windows 10: How can I deactivate Windows so that I can use it on another computer?

Discus and support How can I deactivate Windows so that I can use it on another computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I run Windows on a MacBook, via Boot Camp. In Settings/Activation I see this information... Windows is activated with a digital license linked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by awj100, Mar 20, 2021.

1. awj100 Win User

How can I deactivate Windows so that I can use it on another computer?

I run Windows on a MacBook, via Boot Camp. In Settings/Activation I see this information...

Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account.

I'm about to install my Windows setup on another MacBook and I'd like to know how to deactivate Windows on this laptop so that I can use my activation on the new laptop.

My understanding is that Windows has linked my Windows activation to my Microsoft account my hotmail.com email, essentially but how do I tell Microsoft that this installation is no longer being used?

I've found a guide here which explains how to remove the product key - if I do this then what will I need to do when Windows starts for the first time on the new laptop?

:)

awj100, Mar 20, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I deactivate Windows so that I can use it on another computer? - Similar Threads - deactivate another computer

2. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  3. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  4. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  6. Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another

Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  7. Can I and if so how to I move windows form one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer: can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-put-windows-11-on-a-flash-usb-so-i-can-then/051efad2-d30a-4190-a2cc-2b84d483ca9a
  9. can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer

can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer: can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-put-windows-11-on-a-flash-usb-so-i-can-then/051efad2-d30a-4190-a2cc-2b84d483ca9a
  10. can i put windows 11 on a flash usb so i can then install it on another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade