Windows 10: How can I default to battery saver after charging?

Discus and support How can I default to battery saver after charging? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I unplug my power cord after charging my laptop on Windows 10 Home, if I click the battery icon, it defaults to some battery setting level in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by InstructICC, May 18, 2019.

1. How can I default to battery saver after charging?

When I unplug my power cord after charging my laptop on Windows 10 Home, if I click the battery icon, it defaults to some battery setting level in the middle between Best battery life and Best performance. I would like this to default to Best battery life "Battery saver", or better yet, the previous setting before I unplugged my power cord. Is there a way to do this? As it is now, I have to remember to manually reset this to Best battery life.

I click Battery settings and see Battery saver status until next charge "On". If I turn this Off, it changes to Better battery (which is a higher battery usage setting than Battery saver). I expected this in the Off setting to maintain my existing Battery setting.

Or is the lowest battery setting it can default to "Better battery" after unplugging?

:)

InstructICC, May 18, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Battery Saver Mode not working Windows 10 pro

Thank you for the information. There are several ways on how to turn On or Off battery saver in Windows 10. We suggest trying the steps below and check If it will work for you:

Method 1:

• Open the Action Center (Windows key +
      A
      ).
    • Click on the Battery saver action button to toggle it On or Off.

Method 2:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and turn On or Off the
      Battery saver status until next charge
      option.
    • Close Settings once done.

Method 3:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Choose Battery on the left side and check the “Turn battery saver on automatically if my battery falls below:”.
    • Adjust the slider to the battery percentage level you want.
    • Check or uncheck the Lower screen brightness while in battery saver option if you want.
    • Close Settings once done.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, May 18, 2019
  3. 1520 Acts like its in Battery Saver Mode, Although Charged 100%

Dear cpuzder,

thank you for your message.

I understand that your phone is always on Battery Saver even when the phone is fully charged.

Please make sure that you have not selected the Always on Battery saver in Battery saver options.

• In the App list, tap Battery Saver
      How can I default to battery saver after charging? start-battery-saver-icon_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      . In
      Settings, turn on Battery Saver
      How can I default to battery saver after charging? basic-icon-toggle-on_InvariantCulture_Default.png

Note

If you don't have Windows Phone 8.1 installed, you can use Battery Saver by going to
      Settings

How can I default to battery saver after charging? start-icon-settings_InvariantCulture_Default.png
      >
      Battery Saver.

• Once Battery Saver is turned on, you can do one of the following:
      • Tap When battery is low if you want Battery Saver to conserve power when the

battery level gets low. (this is the option you should choose if you wish to enable the Battery Saver)
      • Tap Now until next charge if you want Battery Saver to conserve power immediately

and then return to normal battery usage the next time you charge your phone.
      • Tap Always (limits functionality) if you want Battery Saver to conserve power all

the time. Think twice before choosing this option; your phone will prevent most

of your phone's background functions.
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/battery-making-it-last

Kind regards,

Vasilia K', May 18, 2019
  4. gordon99 Win User

How can I default to battery saver after charging?

Battery plugged in but not charging.

Hello Bree & Callender, This morning I fiddled around trying to get the charger to work in the boot process by pressing F2 and the waiting for 10 minutes or so before continuing to log on. The amount of battery charge was still 5% which it was prior to all that. I did this because it was a suggestion from Dell as a possible solution. I then considered updating the BIOS as this is another Dell suggestion to overcome the battery not charging problem.

I then had another look at the adapter to confirm its output which is 130 Watts. Anyway, after an hour or so seemingly getting nowhere I noticed that the battery signal to the left ot the keyboard had lit up. I immediiatly checked the battery icon on the screen and found it was now showing that it was charging and 1 hour 31 minutes to full charge. I decided to leave everything as it was for a couple of hours after which time it was showing 100% charge on the battery.

Later on however I noticed that, although still showing 100% charge, the battery “connected but not charging” message was back. Needless to say I am even more flummoxed. I read all the links you posted Bree and found them very interesting. Nevertheless I am now wondering why the chargeing process had burst into and then died again. Someone, somewhere knows what’s happening I am sure.

gordon99, May 18, 2019
Thema:

How can I default to battery saver after charging?

1. How can I default to battery saver after charging? - Similar Threads - default battery saver

2. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  3. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get my battery to charge?: Battery is not charging even though it is plugged. It has been showing I only have 8% left. I get a message that says it does not recognize the adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-battery-to-charge/5ef8eac9-c647-4a9c-85b1-431320432187
  4. How can I get my battery to charge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Disable battery saver while slow charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable battery saver while slow charging.: I charge my laptop via USB-c. The official charger is 160W but since I don't use the internal gpu 100W this is plenty. The problem with this is that I always get a "slow charging" message and my laptop forces battery saver on. I can't turn it off via the normal settings. My...
  6. Disable battery saver while slow charging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable battery saver while slow charging.: I charge my laptop via USB-c. The official charger is 160W but since I don't use the internal gpu 100W this is plenty. The problem with this is that I always get a "slow charging" message and my laptop forces battery saver on. I can't turn it off via the normal settings. My...
  7. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  8. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver: Hello! I can't turn on my battery saver.. Everything else works except this.. I have tried everything to fix this.. But nothing works. Please kindly help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/bc307650-6904-428a-b1fb-75b6172e7dc3
  9. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Saver: Battery Saver key is not working . I have to click manually the key to work the battery saver mode going in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-saver/6bafe265-02de-4495-ad69-684894396698
  10. Battery Saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Saver: I got a laptop yesterday Lenovo Yoga C740 and one thing I noticed was it had a little timer that told you how much time you can use the computer before it dies, but the issue is that it is always displaying that I only have very little time to use it. I wanted to know if it...