Windows 10: How can I delay the upgrade to Windows 1803

Discus and support How can I delay the upgrade to Windows 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro. I would like to delay the upgrade to Windows 10, version 1803. However, I want to update other programs, like Windows Defender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by phrab, May 9, 2018.

1. phrab Win User

How can I delay the upgrade to Windows 1803

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I would like to delay the upgrade to Windows 10, version 1803. However, I want to update other programs, like Windows Defender & Adobe Reader. Right now, when I go to Settings > Update & Security, the only option I get is to download all of them (which also means they will install).

Is there a way to delay just the Windows upgrade? I'm willing to make registry changes to prevent the upgrade & undo them later.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

:)

phrab, May 9, 2018
Thema:

How can I delay the upgrade to Windows 1803

1. How can I delay the upgrade to Windows 1803 - Similar Threads - delay upgrade 1803

2. How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?: I have automatically hide taskbar on desktop mode, when i move the cursor down, the taskbar shows up fast. Is there a way to make it slower? submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments]...
  3. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  4. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  5. Cannot Image with 1803, Can image with 1709 and upgrade to 1803 fine?

Cannot Image with 1803, Can image with 1709 and upgrade to 1803 fine?: I have run into a strange issue with Dell Precision T3500 workstations where if I try to install Windows 10 Build 1803, the system will image. however right after logging in the PC will lock up (keyboard and mouse completely dead). If I image the PC with windows 10 Build...
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10 1803

Upgrade to Windows 10 1803: I am having trouble installing the 1803 upgrade to W10 Home from 1709. Windows update fails every time, with error 0x80070643. It usually gets to about 75% and then hangs with a black screen, doing nothing. If I power off & on, it continues to around 85% and then hangs...
  7. How can I block upgrade from 1703 to 1803?

How can I block upgrade from 1703 to 1803?: Nothing after 1703 installs successfully on my computer, so I'm still on 1703 with Update set to "current branch for business" and "defer 365 days". But it still keeps trying (and failing) to install 1803, and then "recovering previous version". So far the recoveries have...
  8. Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?

Can I stop the 1803 upgrade with win 10 home?: Hello, I was referred here by some wonderful folks on the sonar forums. I am hoping to just do my work and stop worrying about my pc and windows updates. I have win 10 home, it is a brand new Dell XP (or something like that) I just got in Jan. Will this answer work from...
  9. Delay the upgrade to Windows 1803

Delay the upgrade to Windows 1803: I have Windows 10 Pro. I would like to delay the upgrade to Windows 10, version 1803. However, I want to update other programs, like Windows Defender & Adobe Reader. Right now, when I go to Settings > Update & Security, the only option I get is to download all of them (which...
  10. How to Delay Upgrade

How to Delay Upgrade: Both of my desktops, running Windows 7 Home Premium, wanted me to reboot to start upgrade. I didn't do anything telling it to do this. At least I didn't know I did. I let it do the upgrade on my computer and everything went good. But my wife doesn't want hers upgraded yet,...