Windows 10: How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?

Discus and support How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i thought i could just copy my program files folder to my new HDD to free up space on my ssd but now im stuck with duplicates im not really sure what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matthew.98, Feb 25, 2021.

1. How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?

i thought i could just copy my program files folder to my new HDD to free up space on my ssd but now im stuck with duplicates im not really sure what to do. it says i need to provide administrator permission but im on the administrator account of the computer.

:)

Matthew.98, Feb 25, 2021
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 25, 2021
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. temp02 Win User

How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive?

1. How can i delete a copied version of Program files that i put on a different drive? - Similar Threads - delete copied version

2. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  3. Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete a copy of Windows on an old hard drive?: Hello,I just installed my friend's old Seagate HDD into my laptop. It has a copy of Windows 10 from his old laptop before he switched to an SSD. I already have a copy of Windows 11 on my NVMe SSD and I plan to use the HDD to store games. Can I delete the old copy of Windows...
  4. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  5. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  6. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can i put my System Partition on a different Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i put my System Partition on a different Drive?: [ATTACH] Hi Guys, i hope someone of u can help me with my problem. i have an M.2 SSD which is my C: Volume, and a 1 TB HDD for Datastorage... i wanted to swap my 1TB HDD for a 4 TB HDD now. But thats when i realised that i the System Partition is on my 1TB HDD and when i...
  8. How can I install a program/app to a different drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I install a program/app to a different drive?: I've tried doing this before, going through the setup wizard and setting a path on my D drive instead of my C drive, but for some reason the program will still create log/data folders on ny C drive. How can I prevent a program or app from making folders or sharing data with...
  9. Can I restore 230GB of TV Programs I deleted wrongly thought copies?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can I restore 230GB of TV Programs I deleted wrongly thought copies?: In the early hours of Yesterday 20th October. I was In Folder: This PC>Boot (C:)>Users>Public> There were 3 Folders among others: Recorded TV(1); Recorded TV(2); and Recorded TV. Examining each folder found they held exactly the same TV programs in same exact 69 files...
  10. What are the names of files and programs I can delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the names of files and programs I can delete: My recovery drive is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-names-of-files-and-programs-i-can/7fbfedb0-85f6-4503-b9bc-4f0318e0cbbb"